JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
39,888 people were killed in the U.S.

While only...

2,019 in Great Britain
278 in Sweden
345 in Israel
2,118 in Canada
223 in Switzerland
143 in Norway
1,351 in Australia
227 in Denmark
260 in Finland

Due to traffic-related deaths...

Ought there be a serious discussion about enacting:

Mandatory buybacks of certain types of automobiles
Limits to how many automobiles a household be allowed to possess
(In addition to the already required registration)No private person-to-person sales/gifts of an automobile, unless performed through a licensed dealer along with a fee.
Safe storage requirements of vehicles, and potential additional liability if one's vehicle is stolen and then used in a crime.
Background requirements(and accompanying fees/wait times of a minimum of 10 days) to purchase gas
Mandating that all vehicles can't be made to travel more than 10mph, "Who needs to be able to go 30mph, much less 75mph?"
Raising the age of legal drivers to 21
Allow related people to petition the courts to take away a person's privilege to drive w/out any due process.

I'm sure the bright minds here could think up a few more to solve this serious epidemic plaguing our nation.:s0054:

I think that cars, trucks, m/c, etc. plus BIG PHARMA's legal Rx drugs and all of the illegal drug stuff cause more DAMAGE to American citizens than the GUNS that the anti gunners always B! about.

I swear to God that if we start to ban or TRY to BAN cellular telephones, smart and dumb ones, and try to ban BOOZE all over again while they try to BAN GUNS - they will get their panties in a twist!

Prohibition on booze did not work even though it makes good stories in old MOB movies! LOL

So let us ban those telephones and any other LITTLE OR BIG THING that the ANTI GUNNERS love or are addicted to!

We can LIMIT how many little black dresses a woman can own with her matching shoes/purses and do that for men's jeans, boots and sneakers/jogging shoes. But ONLY for those anti gunners - the free - pro gun people can wear, own and use whatever we choose to BUY or sew and wear!

Cate

Throw in the goofy and unsafe bicycle riders that do NOT obey the laws of road when they RIDE their bikes!

Do they get restricted and a POX PUT UPON THEM for life?

Do their bikes get CONFISCATED without any reason 'just because' of what they LOOK LIKE or how many shifting speeds it has? I am old so I do not know what is out there now but I think that some of you may remember the OLD American and old European bicycles.

Do they get PAID full market value for those confiscated bikes?

Do they LOSE THEIR RIGHTS for riding a bike when they do something stupid with their bike riding habits?

Should bicycles be banned because there are dumb bunnies out there among the good bike riders? NO! IT is the rider-human being not the BICYCLE itself!

Cate

I do not want to ban a truck, car, van, m/c or bicycle!

I do not want to ban booze even though I don't drink either.

I would like to see something happen with BIG PHARMA though when it comes to some of their PRODUCTS - a thorough investigation and tons more.

Cate

Ban STUPID PEOPLE, more stupid people die every year doing stupid things. The ones that survive marry other stupid people, and make more stupid people. They grow up and get elected to congress. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?

What's even funnier is the big VAPING scare. While I don't vape or smoke, the media loves to take what's popular and explode it into something that scares us so we'll watch them even more.
Cigarettes kill 1/2 a million a year, yet Walmart still sells tobacco products. Why? Because it's not trendy to smoke and it's ground already covered so it's not a
"hot topic". Tobacco companies have far more reach and power than Vape companies. Think of all the cancer related deaths with tobacco and tobacco related products.
We are a media driven society. If they're so worried about "our kids", then stop killing them in the womb I say.

What about medical malpractice...

You are more likely to die in a hospital because they screw up then you are in a mass shooting.

But doctor's tend to get it rightmost of the time and not accidentally kill you, they benefit society. Just like another group of tools people at this site enjoy.

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.

And your AR15.

As a side note apparently institutionally the medical establishment is horribly biased against guns. This makes me nervous about visiting my doctor. Is that really what society wants? People afraid to go in for a health check up because they value their rights?

What happened to do no harm? Gun bigotry is a violation of their hippocratic oath.

Welcome to dystopian 2020

There needs to be mental health wellness checks before being able to buy a car. We don't want people putting that tailpipe in their mouth and pulling the accelerator:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I think that cars, trucks, m/c, etc. plus BIG PHARMA's legal Rx drugs and all of the illegal drug stuff cause more DAMAGE to American citizens than the GUNS that the anti gunners always B! about.

I swear to God that if we start to ban or TRY to BAN cellular telephones, smart and dumb ones, and try to ban BOOZE all over again while they try to BAN GUNS - they will get their panties in a twist!

Prohibition on booze did not work even though it makes good stories in old MOB movies! LOL

So let us ban those telephones and any other LITTLE OR BIG THING that the ANTI GUNNERS love or are addicted to!

We can LIMIT how many little black dresses a woman can own with her matching shoes/purses and do that for men's jeans, boots and sneakers/jogging shoes. But ONLY for those anti gunners - the free - pro gun people can wear, own and use whatever we choose to BUY or sew and wear!

Cate

That illegal drug stuff is where the vast majority of our murder rate comes from. Can't call the police when you're robbed, can't go to court for breach of contract when you get screwed over, kinda just left with physical force. Same reason loan sharks have leg breakers instead of contract lawyers.

On the gun numbers, most are suicides -- so mental health issue.
Most of the murders are drug related -- drug market issue.
Accidental death and injury -- education issue, don't get much good information out when you're busy demonizing
Take out the justifiable homicides, whether police or civilian.

We're mostly left with the regular old murders, a fairly small number. It's a number that won't get smaller as long as heavy, rigid, or sharp objects still exist. Or a power cord, vehicles, improvised explosives, flammable materials, socks and pocket change, an alligator on a stick, the contents of a high school gym locker and an enclosed space...

Ban-cars.png

But then........

Stop-drunk-driving.jpg

Aloha, Mark

The problem I see is they want all these laws/rules/policies in place but do not have more than just that. Writing on paper, nothing to really mitigate or prevent something from happening in the first place with common sense.

I've honestly been wondering whys the point in having unarmed security and the only thing stopping an incident is a company policy (which restricts the employee to begin with) and a sign on the door. What is it about a policy and a sign that makes them feel better/safer? And then if something, god forbid, happens then its time to double down and look elsewhere instead of going hmm maybe I should have something to stop a threat at my front door instead.

39,888 people were killed in the U.S.

While only...

2,019 in Great Britain
278 in Sweden
345 in Israel
2,118 in Canada
223 in Switzerland
143 in Norway
1,351 in Australia
227 in Denmark
260 in Finland

Due to traffic-related deaths...

Ought there be a serious discussion about enacting:

Mandatory buybacks of certain types of automobiles
Limits to how many automobiles a household be allowed to possess
(In addition to the already required registration)No private person-to-person sales/gifts of an automobile, unless performed through a licensed dealer along with a fee.
Safe storage requirements of vehicles, and potential additional liability if one's vehicle is stolen and then used in a crime.
Background requirements(and accompanying fees/wait times of a minimum of 10 days) to purchase gas
Mandating that all vehicles can't be made to travel more than 10mph, "Who needs to be able to go 30mph, much less 75mph?"
Raising the age of legal drivers to 21
Allow related people to petition the courts to take away a person's privilege to drive w/out any due process.

I'm sure the bright minds here could think up a few more to solve this serious epidemic plaguing our nation.:s0054:
Here's a scary one....100% certainty of death.... Aging. Ban aging.

I'd like to think we learned from our mistake the first time we tried but...

We clearly never learned. Prohibition never works in the states.

Huh?

I am confused by your post. Maybe I am just tired here.

I agree with you that prohibition does not work.

Maybe you are confused by what I wrote. Beats me. NO problem!

You took a snippet of what I wrote in my post about banning booze and did not put down the entire thing or may not have noticed what I wrote below that in another post.

Quote:

Catherine1 said:

try to ban BOOZE all over again

~~~~~

My point was that the very people who want to BAN or confiscate or restrict guns would not like it if we wanted to BAN what they love, like, choose to buy, drink, use, etc. be it cellular telephones, booze or any other thing that they LOVE while they try to ban what we love or like in other things including firearms.

Post # 2 of mine.

Cate

Post # 4 of mine.

I would like to see something happen with BIG PHARMA though when it comes to some of their PRODUCTS - a thorough investigation and tons more.

Cate
~~~~~

Maybe you misunderstood my point of the anti gunners who want to ban GUNS but if we dared to try to BAN any item or any drink or any type of food or any other thing that they want to KEEP while they screw us out of OUR THINGS be it guns or any other thing - well that stinks!

And I personally think that when they try all of this ANTI GUN CRAPOLA - we should GO after them and make comments about what they love and want to keep back at them.

But no one ever does this to THEM - it is always guns, guns and guns to THEM but they get to KEEP THEIR STUFF while they continue to steal things from us and erode our liberties on a daily basis.

On top of that - they are making gun people into some sort of enemy of the people with their bs talk on a daily basis.

Maybe I am tired - beats me but that was and is my point of my replies here and not just one snippet out of a sentence and entire post that you put up when you replied.

Take care and drive safely.

Cate

Ban STUPID PEOPLE, more stupid people die every year doing stupid things. The ones that survive marry other stupid people, and make more stupid people. They grow up and get elected to congress. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?

^^^

This is the winner but it will never happen!

Cate

Huh?

I am confused by your post. Maybe I am just tired here.

I agree with you that prohibition does not work.

Maybe you are confused by what I wrote. Beats me. NO problem!

You took a snippet of what I wrote in my post about banning booze and did not put down the entire thing or may not have noticed what I wrote below that in another post.

Quote:

~~~~~

My point was that the very people who want to BAN or confiscate or restrict guns would not like it if we wanted to BAN what they love, like, choose to buy, drink, use, etc. be it cellular telephones, booze or any other thing that they LOVE while they try to ban what we love or like in other things including firearms.

Post # 2 of mine.

Cate

Post # 4 of mine.

Cate
~~~~~

Maybe you misunderstood my point of the anti gunners who want to ban GUNS but if we dared to try to BAN any item or any drink or any type of food or any other thing that they want to KEEP while they screw us out of OUR THINGS be it guns or any other thing - well that stinks!

And I personally think that when they try all of this ANTI GUN CRAPOLA - we should GO after them and make comments about what they love and want to keep back at them.

But no one ever does this to THEM - it is always guns, guns and guns to THEM but they get to KEEP THEIR STUFF while they continue to steal things from us and erode our liberties on a daily basis.

On top of that - they are making gun people into some sort of enemy of the people with their bs talk on a daily basis.

Maybe I am tired - beats me but that was and is my point of my replies here and not just one snippet out of a sentence and entire post that you put up when you replied.

Take care and drive safely.

Cate
I got the concept of the post, and the meaning. I targeted the booze piece because it shows how the general public never learns, because they probably would do it again.

I got the concept of the post, and the meaning. I targeted the booze piece because it shows how the general public never learns, because they probably would do it again.

Okay and I understand now.

Yes, the general public does not learn jack squat!

History proves that this country just keeps on making the same stupid mistakes in many, many issues! Other countries do the same thing too.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top