JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please help me.
I have no experience with nv and want to get a nv scope that I can use on coyotes and coons.
I want too mount it on a suppressed .243 bolt action rifle.
I want to be able to use in daylight if possible so that I can sight it in.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Distance would help folk help you.

A gen 1.5 will get to 100yards no problem.

I can get further out with ultraviolet illuminators setup. 200yards. Basically they're just portable UV lights. But your limited to where you have them set. You "might" be able to get a high powered UV spotlight to use though...dunno.

A gen 1.5 should cost 4-600$.

Eat more carrots:p:D

Do you know the history behind this? My understanding is that this rumor (that carrots improve night vision) was created by the British during WWII. They publicized it heavily, in order to explain why British pilots were suddenly intercepting and shooting down more German planes. The real reason? Not carrots, but the development of RADAR, which was highly top secret!

Do you know the history behind this? My understanding is that this rumor (that carrots improve night vision) was created by the British during WWII. They publicized it heavily, in order to explain why British pilots were suddenly intercepting and shooting down more German planes. The real reason? Not carrots, but the development of RADAR, which was highly top secret!

That is true from my understanding as well;)

if it was me . and I had 4-k budget for 'NV' Coyote hunting to wrap around my .243 that is already suppressed.
( assuming ? ), your rifles stock is traditional ? , or Modular set-up ? . If you change-out your scopes Ring-set there is a few good deals right now on some gen3 simrad clip-ons .
that will get you moving in the right direction you want to go for right @ 2-K . You can just use your day scope for same POA and change your ring-set out for a badger Rings & simrad cap for less than 300-$ . The SIMRAD are old school clip-on ( not modular chassis clip-on ) but they are no slouch for pristine image and focal clarity . It will also give you a 'Great' magnified image all the way up to 8x to 12x power with your dayscope . Shoot your Rifle @ night hunting off a Tall Bipod sit position or Standing off Tripod setup .

Take the remaining money and start thinking on a PVS-14 and helmet set-up . Everyone just wants to jump straight into a Rifle weapons mount NV, without thinking about safe and stealth foot travel and scanning/spotting . You cant be panning your rifle all night and pvs14 is the the workhorse of NV that you use the second you step out the door of the truck at night .

The most ideal gear set-up you are going to want to shoot for, in the night hunt game is this . Shoot with NV and spot with hand-held thermal . With also owning NOD ( PVS-14 ) on the head for safe foot travel and spotting also .
You will get argument about Therm. over NV weapons scope shooting but nothing can ID. your target better than a magnified NV image and also better magnification of target . Thermal is digital image, whereas NV is analog pixel image and that is why when you magnify a projected NV image, it is so much clearer over Thermal .

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top