JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i have become a TRAITOR to the .40 world and got myself a .45.......a Glock 30..:) but still have yet to shoot it lol.... But my question is... Is it better to get a smaller handgun in a .45 or .40? after reading around and Following ApronAmy on her decision on getting the SnW M&P i went to my gun shop tonight and handled one... and the trigger is amazing on that thing... the only thing i cant decide is either to get a .40 or .45 the .40 has a little shorter barrel then the .45 but they both feel good in my hand.... But which would be a getter caliber to get?

I own a G27 and personally I dont like shooting it much, but I like the fact that its so compact and small that it makes up for the snappiness of it

Last Edited:
I went from from 40 to full sized 45 for my carry gun and my 40's have almost beome safe queens.
Both are good for but there is just "THAT FEELING" when I feel the 45 at my waist.

And for those that own Glock's - it is TRATIOR not trader. I know the fumes outgassing from those plastic frames affect your minds and make you use wrong words.

Well I shot the 1911 pretty well.My best off hand is a 1ft group at 40 yards.Just seeing what I could do.

I had my glock 36 on me also.A 3 1/2" barrel.
Shot just over a 1ft group at the same distance

I do have large hands and the grip and caliber isn't a problem for me.Some it may be

If you can handle the size of the 45 gun,the recoil shouldn't be a problem.

40 is a good caliber too.9mm,I'm not a fan

You are both a couple of knuckle-heads, it's "Traitor". So MarkAd what fumes have you been inhaling? Or should that be MarkADD? :s0084:

I think its supposed to be "MarkADHD".... but he lost concentration and forgot the rest.:s0114:

Im teasing, but being a Glock guy I had no choice.:s0155:
To the OP.... I too have strayed... or is that straid?... nonetheless I know exactly what you mean about the G27. I traded mine out for the G23 and LOVE it..... but I also have the G30. Man that thing is a little sweetheart to shoot.

I still prefer to carry the G23 because its so thin... comparatively, and carries 13.

I will admit to loving the .40S&W round. It is my favorite. Of course I also love the .45acp, the 10mm, the .357sig, and the 9mm. I am kind of a caliber whore. :D

I will have to say that I much prefer the snappy feel of the .40S&W in a compact and subcompact platform. I just love it. Nothing beats 150gr. Cor-Bons from a small pistol in my book.

I have the SIG P250 compact in .40S&W, the SIG P229 in .40S&W,the Kahr PM40, the Kahr MK40, the Kahr K40, the H&K USPc in .40S&W, Springfield XD-40SC, and a Glock 27.

for years, my primary carry was a Colt 1911, then a SIG in 40 S&W for about 5
yrs. compared to many others, I eschewed the Glocks and it wasn't until some
years later, when I missed the 45 acp, did I happen to try the G30. holy mother
of mary, that pistol was accurate and a soft shooter. the grip angle was much
more compatible with my natural grip. I can shoot one ragged hole all day at
15 yds. try it and see how well it works for you. It has been my daily carry
for the past half dozen yrs now.

Todays more advanced 9mm rounds are extremely close in ballistics to a .40, so if it is recoil that is the problem I would opt for a 9 over a 40. I love my .45s and recoil, especially in Glocks is more tame with a .45. .40s are just to snappy for my taste, but if you can put 'em in the breadbox any of these calibers are more than adequate....for 2 legged critters anyway.

I will admit to loving the .40S&W round. It is my favorite. Of course I also love the .45acp, the 10mm, the .357sig, and the 9mm. I am kind of a caliber whore. :D

I will have to say that I much prefer the snappy feel of the .40S&W in a compact and subcompact platform. I just love it. Nothing beats 150gr. Cor-Bons from a small pistol in my book.

I have the SIG P250 compact in .40S&W, the SIG P229 in .40S&W,the Kahr PM40, the Kahr MK40, the Kahr K40, the H&K USPc in .40S&W, Springfield XD-40SC, and a Glock 27.

Stop showing off:s0112: how do you like that P250 compact? i picked one up the other day and the trigger pull was insanely long...

I played with a Kahr the other day for the first time... Is it just me or are the triggers craphorribltastic??

On that note I have XD .40 Sub Compact and a XD 45 Compact. I like them both very much (I have pearce extensions on both short mags).

I wants me one of the lil SIG 1911 380s LOL.

I played with a Kahr the other day for the first time... Is it just me or are the triggers craphorribltastic??

On that note I have XD .40 Sub Compact and a XD 45 Compact. I like them both very much (I have pearce extensions on both short mags).

I wants me one of the lil SIG 1911 380s LOL.

Those lil Sig P238's are nice...:) i just got done cleaning mine lol... But Its sad cause i have only shot 40 rounds through it and never carry it... buts its just SOOO PRETTY!

Those lil Sig P238's are nice...:) i just got done cleaning mine lol... But Its sad cause i have only shot 40 rounds through it and never carry it... buts its just SOOO PRETTY!

If it shoots like it feels it does I bet its an AWESOME lil piece. The mags are a lil hoaky, but man I liked it and i have big hands.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top