JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any difference between any P226 .40 cal barrel and one on a Legion?
Want to add to my .357 Sig Legion.
Can a 9mm conversion be done with a matched slide/barrel and different mags as well?

You could ask on SIG Talk forum - lots of minutiae known there, but my knee jerk response would be that any difference wouldn't be something functional.

As for a 9mm conversion, you can get a 9mm conversion barrel and not have to spend money on a slide, or you could get the "conversion kit" (slide and barrel) - the benefit of the latter would be that the sights would be correct whereas the sights on the .40 slide might be different. I seem to recall reading that the sights for .40 are different from the sights for .357 SIG, but I am not sure about for 9mm vs. 40.

There are a number of barrel makers offering conversion barrels, such as EFK and Bar-Sto.

Again, SIG talk would get you some better answers.

FWIW - I have a converted 9mm to .40 using a slide/barrel from a .40 226 and it works just fine, and vice versa, but you will get better functioning with a 9mm magazine than with the .40 when converting from .40 to 9mm - in my experience. Ditto with the recoil spring - naturally.

The nice thing about the 226 vs the 229 is you don't have to change locking inserts when changing the slide/barrel combos, and you don't have to deal with whether the mags will fit (the older 228/229 won't take the newer 229 .40/.357 mags).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top