JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Hey guys, I am a recent "convert" to concealed carry. I've practiced open carry for a while and decided that I would like to carry concealed for the time being. That being said, the only handguns I have access to are my full-sized xD9 or my wife's PT709 (her personal carry firearm).

Anyway, I've been to different shops around town to see what my options are (in the price range my wife established ;)) and I know what feels good in my hand but since I've never carried concealed before I don't know how I'll feel about them after wearing for a month!

So I am looking for used firearms, preferably .40 or .45 (really not interested in any 9mms right now) and my wife is setting my limit at $500. I am not interested in Glocks (they feel horrible in my hand) so please don't be offended if I turn down your trusty Glock...

Options that seemed like feasible possibilities (so, of course, on my list of potentials) included:

Springfield subcompact xD40
Taurus Millennium Pro (.40 or .45)
Sig 220
1911 Carry Models (i.e. Springfield Champion 1911, but I fully understand with my $500 ceiling a carry 1911 isn't gonna happen!)

I know there are many others that would be great options that I didn't list and I'm willing to consider anything that has a good track record.

FWIW, I am not sure exactly how I will carry (IWB, ankle, etc...) but I do my own leather and kydex work so I am willing to entertain offers.

Please provide pics if possible. Willing to meet FTF in Portland area (I'm in SE) and I have a current ODL and CHL.

Thanks!

Aaron
gmail address: amcardon (should be able to figure that one out!)

add the Kahr CW-45 to your list.

Checked one out yesterday - was quite impressed at how tight and solid that gun was. New they are outside of my price range, but it looks like used it would be doable. Thanks for the recommendation!

Ended up buying 2 different 45s to try out for a couple months and then make the decision between the 2 as to which gets sold and which gets carried.

Thanks for the recommendations, PMs, and offers!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.