JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed it stinks. Don't Glocks advertise 3 safeties, all of which are supposed to prevent firing when dropped?

Makes it physically impossible to go off unless the trigger is fully pressed.........

""The bullet from the Glock semi-automatic handgun struck both Tyler, 36, and his son in the head, the outlet reported. ""

Carrying small of the back in that report and it falls to hit them both square in the head? That would mean he was standing or kneeling when it happened but how would it falling behind likely trajectory to both his head and the kids head unless they were parallel to one another?.

Also "Glock" in a report could literally mean any handgun, we've seen the handy journo guide before for ID'ing firearms. As said above too, 3 internal safeties.

Was he baby sitting for hillary clinton or something?

The police should conduct a drop test on the pistol. I'm betting the wrestling story was made up to cover a negligent shooting. And what kind of magic bullet was he using that ended up hitting both of them in the head?

Yea, something doesn't sound quite right here. I can't see a Glock going off just from dropping out of a waistband, of an average height male...

Tragedy regardless of how it occurred. I'll wait to pass judgement until the rest of the story comes out.

I cant even picture in my mind how you could drop a pistol and hit 2 people in the head, something seems rong with this story.

I'm not sure what ya'll expect. The story makes the point the liberal rag wants to make. Facts and accuracy need not apply.

When we find out what model Glock was allegedly involved, I would be willing to loan them the same gun loaded with some blanks and see if if any amount of dropping could make it discharge. I'll bet $1000 it cannot be done. The Glock is striker fired and its "action safe system" requires that the safety portion of the trigger be depressed and the rather long main trigger be pulled rearward to cause it to discharge. In other words this is a bravo sierra story. Somebody got their finger inside the trigger guard and pulled it.

Gross. This is disgusting and happens to often.
I would guess dad tried to catch it (not using a retaining holster) and pulled the trigger or the youngster grabbed it.

If my kids want to wrestle ( which is often) my pistol goes somewhere safe before they put hands on me

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top