JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some time back I got a deal on a couple packages of 4Patriots Dehydrated Survival food. In the form of two "72 hour packages" I has always been my intention to pack these into my Willys Jeep as emergancy food when out and about. I am blown away that NO WHERE on their web site or that I can find on line does it say HOW MUCH WATER is required to cook this stuff. Cause its less then great if no water. So I would like to figure out how much water to throw in the jeep when we go off adventuring. BUT I guess until I open the outer package this is a big secret.

Seams like it would be obvious this info is required.

OK rant over. I guess I'll go bust open a package and see what the individual food packages say.

As mentioned above may want to watch some video of them first. Just glancing at the available it does not look promising. If you have not got a lot invested in them may want to try one. If they are really bad enough to not keep the Mountain House stuff would be worth a try. I first heard of them here a while back and gave a few a try. Was quite pleased with them for something that is survival food. Stuff was not bad at all.

Some time back I got a deal on a couple packages of 4Patriots Dehydrated Survival food. In the form of two "72 hour packages" I has always been my intention to pack these into my Willys Jeep as emergancy food when out and about. I am blown away that NO WHERE on their web site or that I can find on line does it say HOW MUCH WATER is required to cook this stuff. Cause its less then great if no water. So I would like to figure out how much water to throw in the jeep when we go off adventuring. BUT I guess until I open the outer package this is a big secret.

Seams like it would be obvious this info is required.

OK rant over. I guess I'll go bust open a package and see what the individual food packages say.
I bought a shhit-ton of it a while back. The directions for how much water to use are on the individual packages inside the 72-hour pack. Just open the pack and read the labels.

I bought a shhit-ton of it a while back. The directions for how much water to use are on the individual packages inside the 72-hour pack. Just open the pack and read the labels.
How did it taste? I had never heard of it. When the OP asked I looked at screwtube. Did not watch any of their offerings but the titles looked like not so happy campers.

How did it taste? I had never heard of it. When the OP asked I looked at screwtube. Did not watch any of their offerings but the titles looked like not so happy campers.
I tried the cream of potato soup and I thought it was pretty good. I needed to add more water than what it called for cuz I thought it was a bit too thick for my taste. But as far as taste and being filled up goes, I give it a thumbs up.

I also bought some other stuff (not nearly as much, though) from Jason Hanson's outfit, but I have not tried any of it yet.

I noticed that there's not a lot of animal protein in the 4Patriots stuff - as in no dehydrated meats.
The Jason Hanson stuff has meals that use dehydrated beef and chicken powders, but no chunks.
Would advise getting some #10 cans of meat or some Mountain House meals that have chunky bits in 'em...

Last Edited:
My wife and I like to take Mt House freeze dried stuff when we travel and stop along some view point for a snack. All we do is pour enough boiling water into the pack to cover the meal after it soaks in for a bit. One can always add a bit more water and frankly I've never had a problem with a bit too much water. Sometimes it does seem some bits never get fully hydrated tho.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top