JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
4 black unmarked (medium sized), helicopters just flew over my house. I live in hillsboro Oregon. We live moderately close to an airfield, but these suckers were fast and loud. What's up with that? Training thing?

they come over our house at washougal all the time.sometimes they rattle the windows.Heading South East always,wth are they going I wonder..I should get the old 35mm camera out with the monster zooom lens and get a picture..and hope they don't reciprecate. (sp)

they come over our house at washougal all the time.sometimes they rattle the windows.Heading South East always,wth are they going I wonder..I should get the old 35mm camera out with the monster zooom lens and get a picture..and hope they don't reciprecate. (sp)

Hahaha. "Unidentified male, aiming a Canon at us. Open fire."

Probably UH-60 Blackhawks, could have been OH-58s. The Oregon Army National Guard flies them out of Salem, they're dark green but look black from a short distance away.

The Army National Guard Mountain Search and Rescue group has their helicopters at the Salem airport. They seem to be doing a lot more practice and a lot more flights the last couple of weeks. They also train pilots and rescue crews from around the country so I wouldn't be surprised to see them all over the state if they've got more training exercises going on right now.

I saw them too, got a pic of one
blue_zps9bbef887.jpg

We were in Shelton watching a Chinook doing staggerd troop drops, low level static line. My lil ones were having a blast counting how many troops jumped out each pass. I had them singing, stand up , hook up, shuffle to the door. JUMP right out and count to four. They loved it!!!!

Salem NG has quite a few black helicopters, three different models. They do training missions from the cascades to the coast, Tacoma down to Eugene, every day of the week. Don't get freaked out. None of them have any guns on them.

I fly out of the Hillsboro Airport and I saw them land. It was the ONG out of Salem. They routinely fly to Astoria by way of Hillsboro and usually get fuel at the Hillsboro Airport. They aren't really flying that low but, for non aviation oriented people the power of the rotor seems larger compared to the Robinsons that are normally flying around so it feels like they are lower. Technically they don't have a limit as to how low they can fly unlike airplanes. The FAA says high enough that the pilot can safely land the aircraft in the event of an emergency without significant risk to persons or property. Occasionally they fly lower because of jet traffic (Intel and Nike) and/or cloud layers.

yup Bell OH58 Kiowas - I saw 4 flying south towards Portland over the river today - see a flight of 4-12 just about every day up and down the river. Lately the Kiowas but plenty of blackhawks and others as well. None of them have obvious markings but then again military birds aren't painted to stand out and scream "TARGET" either.

It's not Ross Perot gearing up for 2016. It's Oregon National Guard, training for military ops wherever the presiding clown in chief and guffawing jester, red or blue, send them.

Support your local guys and gals once they go and come back.

Lots of young people carry out orders and come home with PTSD, TBI (traumatic brain injury from concussive expolsive devices), and myriad resipiratory diseases from filthy environments where a routine job is to burn tons of feces with diesel fuel, lest we disperse waste into ground water like the locals have for centuries.

What's flying over your house is just the routine exercize of warbirds getting ready to go do the job - whatever it is this week.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top