JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Window shopping for the 3x9x40 VX2; I'm perplexed by the vast array of prices spread across the pages of several vendors.

I cannot figure out what the $100.00 difference is...edit: between the same basic models..

Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks, so far, all the dials (moi) and reticles (duplex) appear to be the same.

Kind of tough to compare using a 4g web access. All I can think beyond what has been shared is perhaps some glass is better...the relief looks the same..

Big eroteme ...?

I've never noticed any difference in glass between VX-2 models when staying within the same objective size. Its should only be CDS, non CDS and reticles like No_Regerts said. This would be just speaking about the 3-9x40 specifically. I think they discontinued some reticles in that model and some of those you'll find on a lot lower priced than others. The LR & some windplex models. What kind of prices are you seeing? Retail should be $240-$300

Will check around before I buy
The 3 manufacturer #s I'm looking at for model comparison:

110797:$299.00
110800:$349.00
110801:$349.00

The $449.00 model was 4x12x40.

I'll go to the mfg site and look up the m#s.

Thanks

IMHO, don't go to Optics Planet. There are way better vendors out there that actually have stuff in stock and will tell you before you order. Again, just my opinion... if you have had good luck with them, good for you.

Eurooptic, Sport Optics and Liberty Optics are three of my go to dealers. You might have to call but you will probably be very glad you did.

Within the 3 models I listed above, the only difference I can see is the finish.

The price spread seems to be 50 bucks on another site too.

I have lots to learn about this manufacturer; only have 1 Leupold scope, a number of others....

A trusted gent at the range wants to show me three 3x9x40 scopes

Within the 3 models I listed above, the only difference I can see is the finish.

The price spread seems to be 50 bucks on another site too.

I have lots to learn about this manufacturer; only have 1 Leupold scope, a number of others....

A trusted gent at the range wants to show me three 3x9x40 scopes
Leupold makes some of the best optics out there and the make them right here in Beaverton. They do exceptionally well in low light situations (all optic manufactures pretty much look the same during the daytime). Plus they are built extremely well and have a lifetime warranty. You can't go wrong with a Leupold

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top