JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
you can screw on a Magnification lens to the front OBJ, of the pvs14 . Or mount in-front of a low-X scope .
No matter what written, said, filmless tube, recoil rated ..etc . that is refers as OK as mounting on or in-front of your scope. A PVS14's will be abused and is not built, meant to be weapon mounted .

Thanx JUST SHOOT, I was in the US Army for -24- years, I understand the strength and weakness's of the PVS-14, my question was simply regarding "...must do it..." over ",...can do it...".

Thanx JUST SHOOT, I was in the US Army for -24- years, I understand the strength and weakness's of the PVS-14, my question was simply regarding "...must do it..." over ",...can do it...".
still a little unclear about what asking ? . the last part of your thread topic says, ..." PVS14 rifle mounted ".
then asked for , Pro's/Con's . My 'con' was don't mount the vs14 to a rifle .

Are you asking .. what type/model magnifier mounted ( on pvs14 ) ?
or, Magnifier ... mounted ( in-front of Red Dot ) .. to then mount PVS14 in-front of it. ?
or, something other ?
( me ) .. when looking at a optic devise mounted to a rifle at night, while using a pvs14 . I have always kept the pvs14 on my helmet and taken a cheek weld to view threw the optic mounted.

Mounted BEFORE the PVS-14, not directly attached to it.

As I said, I understand that the PVS-14 is not intended to be weapon mounted, however, the DoD does issue a weapon mount for it for a "...MUST HAVE..." situation...

That's what I am asking...

workable image with pvs14 mounted on helmet . Red Dot and Magnifier on a AR . I have never liked the results I got using magnification in-front of a Eotech or Aimpoint, using Pvs14, but some people do that and shoot. 'for me' I always found that magnifying the Ret. of a Reflex with using a magnifier at night, and then looking at with my NV was kind of sucky with my image .

( unconventional technique ) .. usingPVS14 peeking in-front of an ACOG and also LPVO with 'Bigger Obj's like 2-10x and 2-12x . 50 and 56mm Obj . With a pvs14 on helmet, works great with taking a cheek-weld a little farther back on the stock and looking threw the scope or just a ACOG. I have killed a Azzload of Coyotes over the years with doing just that.

I always have a nice dedicated nighttime rifle ( bolt and AR ) setup with IR and clip-on, with using Therm. spotter . I will leave my Clip-on NV rig at home sometimes, and just takeout a rifle with a low-end cheep vortex 2-12x 56 mounted at night and pvs14 on the head . Even looking threw the 'cheep' LPVO with the bigger Obj. with my pvs14 on my head works unbelievably well . ( No Moon ) can shoot with a good NV image out to 200 yard w/ IR illum. supplement . The less Moon you got the more IR illum. you need, but having a good IR unit on the rifle is pretty much mandatory anyway for night . But it a rarity that you call at night and can't get a Coyote inside a 100 yrd. range.
I like working off a tripod and hog saddle, or siting with a tall bipod . I have done this with 200-$ scopes and 3-K scopes. once you get your muscle memory for cheek-weld set, It just slays at night and is pretty fast for the shot with using pvs14 on the helmet.
----

Also pvs14 works great and never lies for examining the Light gathering efficiency of scopes . Wait till you get a nice full Moon . set some target or object in a open field to a know distance . Then take some of your scopes out and line them up next to each . now look threw all the scopes using the pvs14 in-front of them . Pretty fast you will see the Glass 'that actually' let in the most Light . Sometimes it surprises you which do, and what scopes do Not have good Light transmission.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top