JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Marion Berries! Man, if there was only ONE thing good about Oregon, it would be these berries!
Goose Berries, a strange berry and yet so darn good it's scary, Goose Berry Wine, DAMN it's good!
Salmon berries, gods gift to BBQ sauce, Salmon berries blended in a sweet tangy slightly spicy sauce is unbeatable!

More fruit you cant get in the mainland. Star apples (the purple ones) and another I forgot the name of that I've never heard of before

20190812_143635.jpg

Bridges, bridges and more bridges. For a bridge nerd like me, Highway 101 is heaven from top to bottom. Conde McCollough's name should be writ right up there with the greatest of all civil engineers that America has ever produced.

My favourite, though, after the Newport Bridge, is the Astoria-Megler Bridge - there is just something about that name, and the way it reaches out across the mighty Columbia to the next state north. I'd love to see a naval vessel called the USS Megler Bridge..that combination of words just sends a frisson down my spine.

.......and then, of course, there is Portland, city of bridges.

My daughter lived on the top floor of the old Astoria Hotel while she went to school there. Here's the view from her window, every day.:cool:
get-attachmentaspx-34-zps165ede85.jpg

And another view from the Astoria Column...
get-attachmentaspx-34-zps49628c53.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-34-zpsa47756f8.jpg

Last Edited:
I actually picked up some peaches from Maller's Mini Barn on HWY26 and Maller road, near forest grove, those were the best peaches I've ever had.

The plums, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries were also some of the best I've had.
Get them while you can!

Those three photos are nothing less than totally beautiful - I would like to copy and keep them, if I may.

Of coarse you can.:) And, since it's difficult to take photos showing the entire immensity of the bridge, here's a couple more, taken from a cruise ship I was on, visiting of all places, Astoria.:cool:
0930170957a.jpg
0930170957b.jpg
0930170822a.jpg

And speaking of bridges, here's another famous bridge. Photo taken from same cruise ship.
1002170653-1.jpg

White Peaches from Kimberly Oregon are the best! Willamette Valley sweet Corn is pretty awesome as well. And then there is my wifes fresh salsa made with everything right from our garden.

Made some peach apple pie from the left over peaches. Yummo!

I'm thinking I'll go back for some more this week. The orchid I go to has four to five varieties and my favorite "veterans" weren't ready last time, hoping they are now.

Sure, I like Oregon peaches. But I went to HS in Georgia, and Oregon peaches are no match. Love melons too, but OR melons dont match those of places with more heat.

Steelhead. And Coho salmon.
And just being able to look up and see the friendly green green Siuslaw Mountains from my home in Willamette Valley.

No crazy fruit today. But this is what my office does probably 2-3 times a week just spontaneously

Portuguese sausage and been soup and Portuguese Cordo Verde soup with french and sweet bread, rice and macaroni salad, Filipino noodle dish. We start eating around 8:00am until lunch time :)

20190815_105658.jpg

Peaches are back, well at least Grossen Farms is open! Damn I love a good Oregon peach. Snagged 8 pounds of the Canadian Harmonies really quickly, will be back once the veterans are ripened and ready for picking. They have about 5 types ready for picking.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top