JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Building an AR-SPR and looking for some insight and sugestions on some barrels I have been looking at. I will be going with a piston system sooner or later. Any info and ideas would be greatful

(1) I have an M4 SOCOM BCM on my second build and love it.
<broken link removed>

(2)
Model 1 Sales: 18 inch 5.56 SPR Barrel
(18' SPR Barrel, 5.56 NATO, chrome lined chamber & bore, 1-9 twist, threaded muzzle 1/2 x 28 thread) $265

(3)-A
<broken link removed>

(3)-B
<broken link removed>

(4)
<broken link removed>

BCM or Noveske, no question there. I would ignore the 1/9 twist options so you can run heavier match ammo, both the 1/8 and 1/7 will be great with 77gr stuff.

Are you planning on running a suppressor? If so the Noveske option with the switchblock would be a great way to go, if not then either the BCM or Noveske will serve you very well (and will still be fine suppressed).

Both are of known high quality and are capable of better accuracy than most shooters will be able to get out of them, definitely two of the best 18" SS barrels available right now. The BCM is cheaper even when you factor in the price of a gas block, and the 1/8 twist may well better stabilize a wider range of bullet weights vs. the 1/7 noveske. The polygonal rifling in the noveske is going to give you a little more velocity though...

It's like comparing a Ferrari to a Lamborghini when narrowing it to those two options. I would have a hard time deciding between the two, I have a noveske barreled recce which is just scary accurate and have heard nothing but glowing reviews of the BCM...

If it were me I'd probably go with the BCM and put the extra bit of cash towards the best glass I could afford to take advantage of the barrels accuracy.

I would go with the Noveske (now I do admit that I have built two other AR's with his barrels) and love the quality. I have one 5.56 and one 6.8 SPC and love them both...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top