Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

3g build question

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by Boedy, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Boedy

Boedy Sublimity, Oregon, United States Active Member

So I just built a AR that I wanted to be set up for Tactical 3 G in the event that I every get off my *** and start going. I picked a 18" SPR barrel SS match 1/8 with rifle length gas. I have it all together now and the SPR is a touch heaver then I think I would want to use running around shooting a match. Question is how much would I be looking at to re-profile the barrel and what is the common profile for 3 G tactical class rifles? Generally I think I would be fine starting out humping a little extra weight but want to have an idea of what I am looking at down the road.

Thanks

2. the4thshake

the4thshake Portland Active Member

The extra weight should help with keeping the muzzle down during recoil. You probably won't be holding the gun for more than a few min at a time.

Boedy and (deleted member) like this.
  3. PDXGS

PDXGS Aloha... yes, Aloha, Oregon Member

+1 on the you'll grow to like it for the positives.
    Start lifting weights and possible start saving up for a thinner profile barrel- the cost of reprofiling and the assciated problems just isn't worth it.

4. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Keep the profile but shave some weight off!
    WOA SPR barrel with ~1.25lbs removed
    20121222_093230.jpg

5. Boedy

Boedy Sublimity, Oregon, United States Active Member

I have a comp on it and was thinking that it might not be that bad having the extra weight not like I cant lift it after all.