JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Det_disp released their guided today on making 9mm ammo. This is a guide for mostly for manufacturing 9mm ammo from legally obtained stuff in Europe. The guide covers 3D printing a small part to help reload. Powder comes from blanks used in power-actuated tools and it uses once fired brass.

BWA-Ammo Layout.jpg

E-sun PLA+ is where it's at. Watch out for other brands, QC varies widely in filament brands. You can also get nylon based stuff that is stronger, but doesn't seem super necessary if you follow Ivanthetroll's work. Then again, why not make it stronger? Just remember that those kinds of filaments often require hardened steel nozzles because they can be corrosive, they'll eat through standard brass nozzles quickly.

I have a Prusa MK3 and love it to death. Would definitely recommend to anyone with the 700+budget, I'd be happy to answer any questions about this particular printer of anyone has any!

Last Edited:
Need some DNA too -

"A 3D-printed polyester rabbit has been embedded with DNA that contains a blueprint for printing additional bunnies. Using the information, researchers have replicated the rabbit several times, highlighting the potential for using DNA to store information in everyday objects.

The four DNA bases –adenine (A), cytosine (C), thymine (T) and guanine (G) – were used to encode the 45 kilobyte instructions for making the bunny and the corresponding DNA sequence was then synthesised. The DNA was first packaged into microscopic spheres of glass to protect it, before being incorporated into the plastic that formed the bunny. "

I'm all for making lowers multiply like rabbits:D

Ha, That's what i'm using! Good to know PLA can take the strain.
I just got a Creality Ender 3 Pro and have been playing with it non stop! While S-L-O-W, it does a really good job! Cant wait for my first round of upgrades and may revisit my thoughts of printing Firearm parts! I cannot say enough good things about this printer, and the interwebs confirm my findings!
PLA might be able to take strain, but I had a friend that printed a lower in PLA a few years ago, and it was fine until it was sitting in his safe in his garage and got a little hot and warped. Heat would be a bigger concern with PLA.

I don't know anything about 3D printing but I'm curious is there anyone that can 3d print small parts around Portland if you give them a drawing? I have some oddball projects that come up like for cars, knives, and guns such as a little "filler" piece for a stock on a pistol muzzleloader.

How does 3 d printing work can you bring a drawing and they can produce it? Or for example can they scan something such as a knife scale and produce new knife scales that are thicker or contoured instead of flat?

Thx for any ideas, I'm clueless in this area. I don't know if such things are easy, difficult/expensive, or impossible. I don't really want to buy a 3d printer (unless they are way cheaper than I think they are but I have no clue really), would like to hire it out. Cheers!

I don't know anything about 3D printing but I'm curious is there anyone that can 3d print small parts around Portland if you give them a drawing? I have some oddball projects that come up like for cars, knives, and guns such as a little "filler" piece for a stock on a pistol muzzleloader.

How does 3 d printing work can you bring a drawing and they can produce it? Or for example can they scan something such as a knife scale and produce new knife scales that are thicker or contoured instead of flat?

Thx for any ideas, I'm clueless in this area. I don't know if such things are easy, difficult/expensive, or impossible. I don't really want to buy a 3d printer (unless they are way cheaper than I think they are but I have no clue really), would like to hire it out. Cheers!
You need a 3d model, either make one, scan one, download one. There are lots of simple ones available for free. Then you convert that 3d file into the print instructions using a slicer program... sounds complicated but its not. Then you print it... have it fail to stick to the bed and make a Picasso of filament wire... so you steak some settings fail a few more times and eventually create something that you measured wrong in the first place.... and start all over at version 2... rinse repeat and 50 bucks of filament and 20 hours later you manage to make a 50 cent part....

While I have a Serious interest in 3D Printing, I have no real desire to print firearms or parts! I'm more interested in the modeling aspect, especially in very fine detail prints like you find in Model kits! I have been shopping the Printers but havn't made a decision yet! Any experience or imput would be awesome!
You'd want a resin printer then.

Hey I'm in Milwaukie and am taking off to calibrate my printer to make cerme c bending jigs for some of the guys here. If anyone wants to come learn to use fdm printers or modelling parts, shoot me a DM. I do private one on one lessons, and you can rent shop time here in my home shop. 3d printing is a game changer. It makes stuff like mag bans and such just an obsolete concept. Must have skill for 21st century prepping. It's brings a new level of self sufficiency

5 months later.....ish...

I'm wondering if this is a great price?

@Ura-Ki I know you were talking about something for fine scale modeling... this seems to be one of these? I'm kinda wanting one too, and I already have an idea for the first few projects... one being a customized TIE fighter model based on Darth Vader's and Interceptor... Basically Vader's ship but with Interceptor's dagger points grafted on... I do have to wonder; what 3d modeling program is really the most like Solid works 3D? Got a line on a relatively cheap large (1/32-1/36 scale) Vader TIE fighter model kit, as opposed to Bandai's tiny 1/72 scale kits... as lovely detailed as these are.... very rough sketch of what I'm visualizing for the wing panels 20230310_123645.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top