JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Aliespress F'd up my ender 3 order. Ordered one and then got a message that it would be an extra $60 for shipping. they put in a fake tracking number so the website would not require a refund. still fighting it.

So I'll save up pursa and just try to quit giving the chinese any more money

Anyone have personal experience with the resin printing vs filament?
Yes! What would you like to know?

And I got a new printer, as it was past time for upgrades to the Ender!
The Sovol SV01 which is the printer the Ender Pro should have been!
Much better prints, must better design, fewer upgrades needed to really make it fly, and its easier to tune!

If you were just looking into starting out is the hassel of the resin tanks worth the resolution gain? How much weaker are the resin prints vs the filament and in what way do they fail. I'm sure I could google it but I prefer real people over YouTube vids.

299 is an awsome entry point... nice...

It's kind of complex, but.........
Resin isn't going to be as strong, not until you get way up there in quality and cost. Detail quality of the prints is about the same, with filament slower, but easier to work with. and the biggy, the size of the print, here is where filament has every advantage! There are very few resin printers that can print even half the size single part prints that a filament printer can, and many options to expand the bed size and height even further! I see resin printers as a way to rapidly prototype small or scaled down prints, but not as anything useful, despite the print quality, it's no where near as strong as the better filaments, requires much more involved slicer set up and re-enforcing of the print to get that quality! Watch a few videos of "Vapor Polishing" and compare the results, ABS is my filament of choice, and my prints are as good as they can get, and every bit the equal of the highest quality resin prints!

Wow, that's better than I was expecting.
That's just a run out measurement!
Keep in mind, it's all tied into the print hight settings, speed, feed volume, and bed leveling Accuracy! I haven't measured actual print accuracy, but the parts I have printed would be completely with in the range of gun related clearances such as slide to frame fit!

That's just a run out measurement!
Keep in mind, it's all tied into the print hight settings, speed, feed volume, and bed leveling Accuracy! I haven't measured actual print accuracy, but the parts I have printed would be completely with in the range of gun related clearances such as slide to frame fit!
Oh yeah I understand but having a .001 run out on a cheap 299 thing is impressive, I'm sure there all sorts of tolerance build up but at least it starts in the right spot.

Yes! What would you like to know?

And I got a new printer, as it was past time for upgrades to the Ender!
The Sovol SV01 which is the printer the Ender Pro should have been!
Much better prints, must better design, fewer upgrades needed to really make it fly, and its easier to tune!
What is the BL touch option? What upgrades did you need out of the box? TIA

Don't really need the BL touch option, but it's kind of nice to have!

Upgrades:
Must haves, Bed leveling. I swapped out the leveling screws and nuts with a much finer thread pitch to get much finer adjustments easy sourced at a good quality hardware store
Z axis stepper motor sync drive coupler upgrade
Stepper motor dampeners
Stepper motor drive board upgrade kit
Filament feed tube upgrade
Heated and tempered glass print bed!

Printables:
Filament tip/print cooling fan and nozzle ( need to add a fan) plug and play
mother board/power supply baffle and fan ( add another fan) and open up the MB case for improved cooling air flow
Tool tray for under the frame base
Roller bearing spool holder and stand off, widened to hold two spools
Z axis stand support upgrade!
This you can do a bunch of different ways. I found some alloy pipe at the hardware store, printed end plugs with squared ends, got some angle iron in alloy and cut and fit everything to the frame then bolted it all together! Re enforces the Z axis and really locks it down!

What is the BL touch option? What upgrades did you need out of the box? TIA
Then BL touch option is basically an auto bed leveling set up, and frankly it's not really needed, and it's an upgrade, so it adds cost that you don't really need to spend!
What I do:
Zero the Z axis so the nozzle just touches the bed, use a feeler gauge to back it off a few thousandth, run the X and Y axis across the bed to the other corners and check/adjust the level! You can also check with a dial indicator that you can clamp to the extruder above the feed! works the same way! Doing it this way ensures that the bed doesn't interfere with the measurements by touching! This is where those super fine thread adjusters really come in handy! :D

dont ban me :) but the fully 3d printed (no metal) glock 17 full auto sear good for a good 1500 rounds got released today. I'm really surprised the guys have not committed suicide with a few rounds to the back of the head yet.

hopefully youtube demo ok here. Remember to get your fully ATF approved 3D printer and manufacturing license first

Last Edited:
dont ban me :) but the fully 3d printed (no metal) glock 17 full auto sear good for a good 1500 rounds got released today. I'm really surprised the guys have not committed suicide with a few rounds to the back of the head yet.

hopefully youtube demo ok here. Remember to get your fully ATF approved 3D printer and manufacturing license first

That is awsome, and I feel sorry for his dog.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top