JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How about a thread for 3D printing?

@Joe Link Is it ok to link to where people can download 3D printing files? if not go ahead and nuke this post.

Printers:
Budget: Creality Ender 3 $200-300
Midrange: Creality CR-10 (larger format)
Nice range: prusa i3 Prusa3D - 3D Printers from Josef Prusa $750-1000

People are printing mags and receivers in PLA and having extremely good results.

Files:
Fosscad repository. Tons of files from full printable firearms to accessories. Be advised that there are plans here for stuff that would be illegal if printed in certain states or conditions.

Glock17 reciever and mags

Really cool early work on making barrels at home with polygonal rifling:

Make your own 9x19mm barrels at home using ECM with about $100 worth of tools.
How to use ECM to rifle a barrel - DIY barrel rifling - Project ButWhatAbout

shopping list:

Hoping prices on these specific machines come down, would be nice to see sub $300 pistol caliber carbines with homemade aluminum receivers

You can get metal impregnated filaments to use in any printer that will print PLA. But you need a sintering furnace to finish it and that's where the cost is.

These guys sell a sintering furnace for $30,000

While I have a Serious interest in 3D Printing, I have no real desire to print firearms or parts! I'm more interested in the modeling aspect, especially in very fine detail prints like you find in Model kits! I have been shopping the Printers but havn't made a decision yet! Any experience or imput would be awesome!

You can get metal impregnated filaments to use in any printer that will print PLA. But you need a sintering furnace to finish it and that's where the cost is.

These guys sell a sintering furnace for $30,000
Well, aren't quality 240v triple phase 4 axis CNC mill machines about the same price

Would love to be able to 3D Print in Styrene Plastic or some form of Resin, especially if I can print over the top of other stronger material prints!
That would be the Schiznit!:cool:

Also, looking at the software, needs to be pretty easy to use, and accurate in it's execution!

Would love to be able to 3D Print in Styrene Plastic or some form of Resin, especially if I can print over the top of other stronger material prints!
That would be the Schiznit!:cool:

Also, looking at the software, needs to be pretty easy to use, and accurate in it's execution!
I've been tempted to get something like a good quality 3d printer that has scale model qualtity resin system... so i can create the things needed to make these models.. the top one, I can attempt with resin casting if I can mix both the Bandai 1/72 scale Vaders TIE and 1/72 scale TIE Interceptor.. the bottom pic, I think is easy to build if its mostly panels and framing.. the middle one would likely require either a vacuform table, or 3d printing of components. 20171020_111238.jpg VZM.IMG_20161023_172908.jpg 20171009_114552.jpg

Ha, That's what i'm using! Good to know PLA can take the strain.
I just got a Creality Ender 3 Pro and have been playing with it non stop! While S-L-O-W, it does a really good job! Cant wait for my first round of upgrades and may revisit my thoughts of printing Firearm parts! I cannot say enough good things about this printer, and the interwebs confirm my findings!

Make sure if you do go with an Ender, get the PRO, yoy need the extra bed area with the heated pad! Lots of open source software out there, but you want to play around with several to find what you want, some work better tjen others for different types of printing!

Anyone else on det_disp keybase chat? holy bubblegum, there was a interesting firearm build guide just released. Just send your dogs to a friends house before downloading them.

printable jig for finishing 80% receivers was just released (down at the bottom under misc)
at the bottom you might also note the 3D printable swift link. Make sure you are a SOT before doing anything like that

also available here at the top left

(you might also notice professor parabellum's files on that link got updated with the full auto shotgun made from hardware store parts).

I see there is also 3d printable mod for making the glock full auto (not available yet as far as I can tell).

I hope these guys dont get Epstein'd....

Been playing with my Ender Pro, running different types of Heat printable plastics and so far, so good!
Have the files for a BullPup M-1 Carbine conversion, a G-3 Conversion, and a FAL so far, haven't printed anything yet, but thinkin about it!
Also have the file for a Ruger 10/22, but no interest in doing one! Lots of neat ideas out there, there are a few Glock frames, some that use existing jigs, and others you print and use as a one shot deal, so far, those look pretty good and might get me to print one out!
Really more interested in a Bullpup right now! :cool:

Need some DNA too -

"A 3D-printed polyester rabbit has been embedded with DNA that contains a blueprint for printing additional bunnies. Using the information, researchers have replicated the rabbit several times, highlighting the potential for using DNA to store information in everyday objects.

The four DNA bases –adenine (A), cytosine (C), thymine (T) and guanine (G) – were used to encode the 45 kilobyte instructions for making the bunny and the corresponding DNA sequence was then synthesised. The DNA was first packaged into microscopic spheres of glass to protect it, before being incorporated into the plastic that formed the bunny. "

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top