JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love it. Even though I dislike polymer mags, I know exactly why this exists. :D

The spring part coming soon is also an awesome touch. In the era of bans, the freedom of speech and digital information being shared (sold) used here and becoming widespread is pretty cool.

Anyone else 3D printing? With the release of the glock 17 files for a 3D printed receiver and people now saying they are functioning well with thousands of rounds of ammo through them it's starting to look more appealing to get a printer. If the prices for sintering furnaces come down the media for printing in stainless, titanium, bronze, copper and others are already available and will work in a $750 printer.

No interest in Glocks. Only passingly interested in 3D printing. And yet ... can't look away. :D

In all seriousness, that is pretty darn cool. Power to the people. :s0155:

Anyone else 3D printing? With the release of the glock 17 files for a 3D printed receiver and people now saying they are functioning well with thousands of rounds of ammo through them it's starting to look more appealing to get a printer. If the prices for sintering furnaces come down the media for printing in stainless, titanium, bronze, copper and others are already available and will work in a $750 printer.

SOrrry, what was that printed in? I have a Prusa MKIIS that can print in a number of plastics but last I heard sintering was a 10k buy-in

SOrrry, what was that printed in? I have a Prusa MKIIS that can print in a number of plastics but last I heard sintering was a 10k buy-in

people are printing receivers and mags in PLA. Like these:

But I have been waiting for a home printer that can print in metal.

These guys have 80% metal impregnated filaments that will work in a printer that prints PLA like yours

but you still need the sintering furnace to finish it and those run $30,000. (well, you can get one for $800 on alibaba but I doubt a chinese furnace at that price could even cook pizza)

people are printing receivers and mags in PLA. Like these:

View attachment 601877

But I have been waiting for a home printer that can print in metal.

These guys have 80% metal impregnated filaments that will work in a printer that prints PLA like yours

but you still need the sintering furnace to finish it and those run $30,000. (well, you can get one for $800 on alibaba but I doubt a chinese furnace at that price could even cook pizza)

Since any pistol would still need metal parts, and since I already have enough SIGs to arm the neighbors and my family :rolleyes: I am not worried about having to print Glocks or any polymer pistol if SHTF (including confiscation).

I would really like to be able to print metal parts and frames and slides - maybe even barrels. Who knows whether and when that will be possible on a practical and affordable basis.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top