JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"The goal of this project is to print as many of the components as possible of the AR-15 on a common 3D printer"
Including: Lower & Upper Receivers, Hand Guard, Barrel Nut, Buffer Tube, Stock, Castle Nuts, Endplates, Take down pins, Etc.
Basically everything aside from Trigger, CH/BCG & Barrel it seems!

Do you think they have the potential to change the 2A landscape?

Last Edited:
Make it harder to regulate? Yes.
More or less this is what I meant, I also agree it won't change the landscape as much as just giving another middle finger to the alphabet agencies. I do love to see the innovation and creativity of the people, pretty exciting stuff in my opinion :D

More or less this is what I meant, I also agree it won't change the landscape as much as just giving another middle finger to the alphabet agencies. I do love to see the innovation and creativity of the people, pretty exciting stuff in my opinion :D
Same here. It's why I'm investing in a 3D printer.

It never has been. Stereolithography and Laser Sintering using powdered metals has been around for decades.
Thanks for the details, I didn't know the correct terms. Has been available but well beyond the reach of DYI and desktop folks. Technology is making these advances closer to reality for many.

I do enjoy Hoffman, PSR, Ivan and Stark (RIP) and the many others contribution to the craft. I do believe it is every "enthusiasts" duty to know the ins and outs of their defensive tool of choice and how to work on them effectively. Just as a pilot , at one time, needed to know the mechanics of his aircraft before being able to fly.
Landscape change with this.. Not sure so much, but yes, the regulators already have PMF's in their crosshairs, and the many different avenues.
I highly recommend getting as familiar with machining and fabrication as you can possibly get with a quickness. We know the regulators end game and why they want to do it. So I say give them the hardest time possible to try and make it happen.
With all they did in this state shuttering so many FFLs and the now overwhelmed NICS system, I would hope that many of you are at least figuring out contingencies.

"The goal of this project is to print as many of the components as possible of the AR-15 on a common 3D printer"
Including: Lower & Upper Receivers, Hand Guard, Barrel Nut, Buffer Tube, Stock, Castle Nuts, Endplates, Take down pins, Etc.
Basically everything aside from Trigger, CH/BCG & Barrel it seems!

Do you think they have the potential to change the 2A landscape?

The liberator did that (changed the landscape), this is proceeding forward. Also, these are arguably just as hard to get into if not harder than building your own ar15 at the end of the day. You still need a parts kit for these parts and you realistically need to print them in a way that uses idex so you can have things like tpu on the buttpad and handgards but nylon on the other components...to do that is EXPENSIVE from a printer aquisition and time standpoint, imo. Also, there's a good chunk of trial and error to get some printed parts to fit together. My awcy acr foot doesn't fit the butt pad that's made of pla plus, that foot takes between 15 to 30 hours to print depending on the quality I try going for

The liberator did that (changed the landscape), this is proceeding forward. Also, these are arguably just as hard to get into if not harder than building your own ar15 at the end of the day. You still need a parts kit for these parts and you realistically need to print them in a way that uses idex so you can have things like tpu on the buttpad and handgards but nylon on the other components...to do that is EXPENSIVE from a printer aquisition and time standpoint, imo. Also, there's a good chunk of trial and error to get some printed parts to fit together. My awcy acr foot doesn't fit the butt pad that's made of pla plus, that foot takes between 15 to 30 hours to print depending on the quality I try going for
Calibrating your printer goes a LONG way towards mitigating that trail and error/post processing "fitting".

Like adjusting your iron sights instead of applying kentucky windage.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top