JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They call it the "plastikov" -- love it. There's a link to a field stripping video in the link above as well.

He does mention that it gets flexible after 60rds due to heat -- he made it with PLA which is very heat sensitive -- might get better results with PETG or some other higher temp plastic (though to be fair, all the plastics will get bendy before metal).

Last Edited:
Probably taxed/regulated out of existence

They can pass laws against making such prints, and they can trample the 1A in vain attempts to try to keep the gun files off the internet, but so much of the electronic hardware for the machines, the operating software, and the structural designs for the machines are open source, that it's not possible to control 3D printing/CNC/Laser technology in any meaningful way.

Here are 289 structural designs you can have that I picked from a random list of many hits by doing a search for "open source 3d printer designs": 3D PRINTER BUILDS | OpenBuilds

Free Open Source motion control software for 3d printing: Home

142 options for 3D printing motion control hardware: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ardiono+ramps+board

Free Open Source motion control software for CNC: grbl/grbl

231 options for doing CNC with a GRBL arduino shield or stand alone controller: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=grbl

he made it with PLA which is very heat sensitive -- might get better results with PETG or some other higher temp plastic

Yeah I mean don't they have carbon fiber reinforced nylon and crap now? I'm not sure if just nobody has tested with it because it's more expensive or if they just stick with PLA because it's the most common and least prone to warping.

AK_s_for_everyone.png

Aloha, Mark

Yeah I mean don't they have carbon fiber reinforced nylon and crap now? I'm not sure if just nobody has tested with it because it's more expensive or if they just stick with PLA because it's the most common and least prone to warping.

They are trying to prototype stuff that anyone can make at home with a $200-300 printer. You could print is much hyper temp resistant materials but the high cost of the printer and materials makes it less reasonable.

They have a hipoint C9 print that can cost $50-100 to put together.

They even have instructions on making barrels at home.

I believe their idea is to never have a Hong Kong where no one has guns except the police. There is no amount of regulations that will remove this stuff from the internet now. And yes, they are working on ways to make ammunition as well.

we just need a scintering furnace that is less than $30k:)

An interesting idea from "Sunny Beautiful Renton WA":

Certainly some post print machining would be necessary, but the idea is to sort of build a sand mold with the metal inside it (powder form), layer by layer, and then melt the metal in a kiln.

EDIT: they're actually selling them: iro3d - metal 3D printer

Last Edited:
Plastikov 3D-Printable AKM Receiver

Plastikov 3D-Printable AKM Receiver | DEFCAD

" DEFCAD, Inc. All rights reserved.Habent sua fata libelli et balli
DEFCAD files and other hardware are not currently available to persons outside the United States and are only available to residents of and persons in the State of New Jersey who possess a federal firearms license."

"All products listed on this website are electronic files for unassembled individual parts (i.e., merchandise is to be sold unassembled). The files shown on this site are only available to U.S. Persons, as defined at 22 C.F.R. 120.15. The files are also not available to persons outside the United States or to residents of and persons in the following blue states: State of New Jersey, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, State of Washington, State of Connecticut, State of Maryland, State of New York, State of Oregon, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, District of Columbia, State of California, State of Colorado, State of Delaware, State of Hawaii, State of Illinois, State of Iowa, State of Minnesota, State of North Carolina, State of Rhode Island, State of Vermont, Commonwealth of Virginia, State of Maine "

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top