JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know where to find files for 3d printed accessories? Looking for magazine mounts.
Ar10, ar15, 229
20200501_203939.jpg

Ah! Great! It's an awesome hobby, super frustrating when things don't go right and doubly rewarding when they do!

I'd suggest printing with PETG or at least PLA+ for mag mounts, but PETG should be a much better choice.

I printed mounts in pla that ended up snapping after about 3 months.

Ah! Great! It's an awesome hobby, super frustrating when things don't go right and doubly rewarding when they do!

I'd suggest printing with PETG or at least PLA+ for mag mounts, but PETG should be a much better choice.

I printed mounts in pla that ended up snapping after about 3 months.

PETG isn't one of the prettiest plastics, but is one of the most utilitarian plastics -- tough with just enough flexibility. Prints flat and doesn't curl like ABS. I love PETG.

Thingiverse is pretty anti-firearm -- another thing to try is grabcad: GrabCAD: Design Community, CAD Library, 3D Printing Software It seems to be a bit more freewheeling. I did a quick non-thorough search and didn't see what you were looking for, but let's be honest about that thing, it's a cube with a smaller cube subtracted, and then one or more cylinders subtracted from what's left so it can be screwed into the board. Easy to make yourself with free CAD software: FreeCAD: Your own 3D parametric modeler

FreeCad intro:

Here's an example -- I made no measurements so it's just the concept, not the object you want, but I threw it together in about 5 minutes at most -- I actually made two versions in that time. It took me longer to write this post and edit my screenshots!

Anyway, if you have a caliper, just measure your mag and whip it up. For my printer, I find that adding the diameter of the nozzle to the overall measurement of my cut, or the radius to each side, is useful -- otherwise I often end up with things that are too tight.

Anyway, not saying this is beautiful, but as you can see, the basic concept is just a cube cut from a cube, two cylinders cut from the back for screw holes, and a cylinder fused to the inside end of each arm, and a filet on the outer corner of each arm to round the end a bit. Pic 1 is the end product. Pic 2 shows the cube that was removed. Pic 3 shows the cylinders that were removed. This would be a good first project to learn the software.

pic1.png
pic2.png
pic3.png

Going to check out grabcad! Thanks for the tip!

I didn't realize thingiverse was anti gun! I've gotten a ton of firearm related files, from mounts to mag release extensions and even magazine extenders (haven't tried yet)

Here are some mag mount designs there:

Glock 23

7.62 Pmag

FN 9C

Alternate AR mag design

S&W M&P 9mm magazines
Hi-point 9mm magazines
Browning Buckmark 22LR magazines
Ruger LC380/LC9 magazines

AR Mag

Pegboard version

There's a few more pages of results

Last Edited:
Going to check out grabcad! Thanks for the tip!

I didn't realize thingiverse was anti gun! I've gotten a ton of firearm related files, from mounts to mag release extensions and even magazine extenders (haven't tried yet)

They're the Dicks of 3D -- you might find a few things but the interesting stuff is elsewhere. Maybe more stuff is sneaking through but when using 3D printers for firearms subjects made its way into the public consciousness, they went all virtueSignally:

Still part of the TOU: Legal - Terms of Use | MakerBot 3D Printers
3.3 Acceptable Use Policy. The following is the acceptable use policy which sets forth the restrictions Users must adhere to on use of the Sites or Services ("Acceptable Use Policy"):

(a) You agree not to use the Sites or Services to ... or contributes to the creation of weapons ...

So anyway -- I'm still prejudiced against Thingiverse.

I just had to jump in this thread cuz this wired article just chaps my bubblegum.
Adam Lanza used an AR-15. He did NOT even have access to an "assault rifle".
When will these bubblegumtardz ever get this bubbleguming bubblegum straight!!!??? o_O

Carry on...

/rant

yeggi.com and thingiverse are favorites of mine. Personally, I rather do my own modeling if I have the time. It is nice just getting the STL files online if you need something for a quick replacement part thats fairly common.
I just did a grip out of abs for my M&P 15 sport ll, it came out pretty good. No warpage. 20200711_215902.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top