JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I can't find much load data for 380.im using 100 gran rn plated bullets with universal powder.i found some info for jacketed but can't find anything for plated or lead bullets.if anyone has loaded with these components maybe drop your two cents.and before anyone says anything I'm not just going to use random load data,just want some comparisons for what i have to go by and what I'm planning on using.

Virtually every thing I've read about using plated bullets is that you load to cast lead data.

Here is the Hogdon site, and though don't show any cast loads, I would load the lowest shown for the bullets they list. Hodgdon Reloading | Home

The Lyman #49 book shows loads for cast bullets. What books do you have?

One other thing, I'm not sure many of us load for .380? I do 9mm single stage, and my man fingers have enough of a time handling THOSE little cases!

Last Edited:
I have the Lyman 49 and the Lee one. I don't have it in front of me but I think the Lyman had the weight I was looking for but it was a completely different type of bullet

The Speer book doesn't have cast data, or data for 100 grain bullets, though it does have H. Universal listed. I'm presuming that to mean "Hogdon Universal Clays" .

I cannot recommend any loads that can't be confirmed with published data.

Closest I can get with 100gr in Hornady book #10
IMG_2558.JPG

Lyman says this for OAL: but no powder load.
IMG_2559.JPG

Sierra book 14 shows nothing.
If you did your own development it would probably look something like this:
100gr RN
OAL: .980" to a minimum of .960"
2.8-3.4gr of Universal

Closest I can get with 100gr in Hornady book #10
View attachment 350527

Lyman says this for OAL: but no powder load.
View attachment 350530

Sierra book 14 shows nothing.
If you did your own development it would probably look something like this:
100gr RN
OAL: .980" to a minimum of .960"
2.8-3.4gr of Universal

What does the b.c and the s.d stand for underneath the bullet?

I load a 95gr hardcast lead RN with 4.3grs AA #5 that's the start load for a 100gr plated bullet right out of their load book. I know not the powder you asked for but it is my go to 380 load.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top