JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im in the market for a 380 pocket pistol. Only have about $350. Ive been looking at the ruger lcp the taurus tcs 738 and the smith and wessen bodyguard. Im looking for super light weight and easy to hide in a pocket. Ive heard alot about the lcp and the bodyguard having alot of warranty issues yet ive heard nothing about the taurus. Most of the threads ive seen were a few years old. So wondering if any of you guys have had any issues with these pocket pistols recently? Any help would be appreciated.

Super light weight + small grip = very snappy.

My current EDC is a Bersa Thunder 380CC which can be found new for less than $299. It is larger, about the size of the Glock 42, but the 380CC holds 8+1.

I have had no issues with my LCP, it eats anything. Only about 200 rnds though. Two years old now. I got mine with a laser already aboard and I feel much more confident about fast, close range hits. I dislike pocket carry so I use a SHTF Gear ITW holster. The tiny little gat just disappears and it's super comfortable. Good luck finding the perfect pistol for you. SRG

I am a sales man and visit several customers a day, I carry several different full size pistols depending on my mood. P220, XDS-45, Glock 17, 21, 36...etc it all depends. BUT when I need to have that deep concealment or want to put it in my front pocket of my shorts then I always grab the LCP. It has given me zero trouble and is fun to shoot.

20140624_121433.jpg

20140624_121454.jpg

Im in the market for a 380 pocket pistol. Only have about $350. Ive been looking at the ruger lcp the taurus tcs 738 and the smith and wessen bodyguard. Im looking for super light weight and easy to hide in a pocket. Ive heard alot about the lcp and the bodyguard having alot of warranty issues yet ive heard nothing about the taurus. Most of the threads ive seen were a few years old. So wondering if any of you guys have had any issues with these pocket pistols recently? Any help would be appreciated.
I have a LCP for sale with some ammo I should have an AD on this sight. That is if your still looking

I've had the Bodyguard, Keltec p3-AT. 2 Micro Desert Eagles and a Taurus TCP and my favorite so far is the Taurus. The MDE is my second choice. The Taurus actually fits my hand well enough that I can shoot it comfortably without contortions, and it has a better trigger than the first two . The MDE weighs a TON compared to the Taurus and the MDE short barrel develops less energy in these small pistols. I was surprised by the Taurus, but I'm keeping it, for pocket work.

Another vote for the Taurus. It is my pocket concealed pistol. I have had ZERO issues with mine with a large variety of ammo.

if you look around, you can pick one up for around $250 new. Mine was $240 shipped + $25 transfer, as I bought from a store in Kentucky. If you buy a new one, you get 2 mags, and a belt holster/pouch that clips to your belt and looks like a PDA holder.

Also, and this is important, I have actually shot the LCP, P3AT, and TCP, and the TCP is the only one of the three that the slide locks open after the last shot. It also has the best trigger of the 3, though none of them would be considered smooth. I have the stainless slide model and it is a great gun.

No pocket .380 will be 'fun' to shoot, but if pocket carry is your choice, the TCP is a great option.

Another important note, the TCP is the first Taurus handgun that is 100% made in USA.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

It's a shame makarovs have climbed so much in price, always considered them to be very reliable but a bit heavy in weight and trigger pull. It does fill out my speedos nicely, sorry, no pics.

I had a LCP but I don't like DAO and the no lock back on last round action. That and the fact that my wife wasn't able to rack the slide and chamber a round if she needed to, she is only 5' tall. We went to the gun earlier this year and racked slides until we found some that worked for her.

I know it's a bit above your stated price but I paid $469.99 on sale for a Sig P238, it is basically the same pistol as the Colt Mustang. SAO and is fun to shoot. I could put rounds on target with the LCP but I didn't like shooting it.

You can check some of the ranges to see if they have the pistols you are interested in, or see if someone in the community would want to spend the day doing a comparo.

It's a shame makarovs have climbed so much in price, always considered them to be very reliable but a bit heavy in weight and trigger pull. It does fill out my speedos nicely, sorry, no pics.
I definitely prefer the 9mm Mak pistols over .380, but they're too heavy for comfortable pocket carry. A PA-63 in an Old Faithful IWB holster is my daily summer carry rig. The 4" barrel with harder hitting ammo makes this thin pistol an easy choice. Cooler weather my first choice goes to the CZ-82 , in the same holster loaded with Underwood +P ammo .

+1 on the bersa... I have two of them, and have had zero issues. If you are allergic to warranty problems stay away from taurus. I also would avoid the LCP, the trigger on that thing is set to "you really want to shoot this person" with it's 15lb extra long pull. The bodyguard isn't a bad choice, however if you're really looking for something that's light, I would hold on and save up for one of smith's ultralight revolvers (also check the pawn shops). The .380 is a decent cartridge for defense, but it comes down 100% to ammo selection and shot placement, with shot placement leading the way.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top