JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My group of FEG 's
A couple 9mm Mk's , a couple 380's and a couple .22lr's .
Brent

DSCN1638jpg_zpse4f33922.jpg~original

My group of FEG 's
A couple 9mm Mk's , a couple 380's and a couple .22lr's .
Brent

I am going to get my hands on one at 200 bucks. CZ and Sig are a big improvement on the PPK which I find to be the most overrated high end .380 around. I keep mine because my grandfather carried it. Older PPK can shoot fine. I have owned 2 newer model PPKS and they jammed like a 100 dollar gun with a 650 dollar tag.
The FEG looks like when I first ran into the CZ platform. Not a lot of lovers and cheap military surplus but when I shot a couple I was in love. Some of the guns that are carried by police and military all over the world are not even known as decent guns in the states. I have found a replacement spring...which sometimes is not needed is all it takes to get the old dogs to do new tricks for me and earn my respect. Bigger than I can get away with all the time so that goes back to the LCP which took a 10 mile bike ride with me and never rubbed or even let me know it was there today. I have owned a lot of revolvers and have yet to find one that does not at least annoy me when I jog or ride my bike. The LCP is never ideal but it is a gun that you can forget about until you need to remember. At that point you will likely be close enough your caliber choice of 38 or .380 will make no difference so long as you have put a lot of rounds through the gun at paper and know it is not a likely gun to jam. Bite my hand or not it has been one of the best selling guns for the last couple years for good reason.

Since I own both a Ruger LCRX and a Sig P-238 I thought I would post some pictures of the pair. For me the LCRX rides in an OWB Red Dog holster when it is carried, the P-238 in a Remora IWB or a Red Dog pocket holster.

LCR238b.jpg

LCR238c.jpg

LCR238a.jpg

I'll throw in my vote for a Mak also. I've got an IJ70 in .380 that i think would make a great EDC. It fits perfectly in my average sized hand and seems capable of putting the round where intended (even if I'm not always as capable). To me, the platform falls into the same category as an AK or a Mosin. Hearty, reliable, and a great value. Did I mention reliable?

I know that typically when a thread like this gets posted it tends turn in to a .380 pro/con debate. So here's my unsolicited input. All I know is, I don't consider myself to be a wuss and I've been told by more than a couple medical professionals that I have an above average pain tolerance. I certainly wouldn't want to be shot by a .380. Or anything else, really. If you come up against someone with enough PCP in their system or the walking undead and they can't be stopped with a .380 -- most other typical EDC calibers probably won't make a difference either.

As others have said, it really all boils down to what you are comfortable with. Whatever you end up settling on, please check back in to this thread and let us know how it worked out.

I'll throw in my vote for a Mak also. I've got an IJ70 in .380 that i think would make a great EDC. It fits perfectly in my average sized hand and seems capable of putting the round where intended (even if I'm not always as capable). To me, the platform falls into the same category as an AK or a Mosin. Hearty, reliable, and a great value. Did I mention reliable?

I know that typically when a thread like this gets posted it tends turn in to a .380 pro/con debate. So here's my unsolicited input. All I know is, I don't consider myself to be a wuss and I've been told by more than a couple medical professionals that I have an above average pain tolerance. I certainly wouldn't want to be shot by a .380. Or anything else, really. If you come up against someone with enough PCP in their system or the walking undead and they can't be stopped with a .380 -- most other typical EDC calibers probably won't make a difference either.

As others have said, it really all boils down to what you are comfortable with. Whatever you end up settling on, please check back in to this thread and let us know how it worked out.
Well put. Hopefully the OP let's us know what he decides. With all the usual caliber arguing aside I agree after reading about the guy who took 4 or 5 shots of 45 and kept trying to kill the cop at a funeral a while back it came down to a headshot. Any gun mentioned would have had the same outcome at close range to the head. Ignore the ballistics people spit out and get what works and fits for you. The other folks here are not going to carry it so hold some and decide what YOU want. All guns mentioned are excellent as far as reliability.

.40cal, in the interest of general brotherhood and getting you armed up in the best possible way I am willing to let you have one half of my core fat! You, of course, must pay for the operation! I know, it seems almost a Saintly offer, but that's just how I roll! You'll be able to conceal a Walker Colt when completed! :DSRG

Since my issue with my knee surgery and not getting to move much for a year caused me to lose 40 lbs I might take you up on that after next surgery. Took a year and a half to gain most of my weight back.

So that's how you roll, Sarge? I've collected a few rolls too, over the years. They don't help me conceal carry, at least not as well as this guy:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/16/biggie-mitchell-450-pound-drug-dealer_n_5499042.html

Seriously, though, it's good to see votes accumulating for the Bersa Thunder 380 CC, which is not only cheap and reliable, but it's also thin. It's long enough in the grip to accommodate my hands, at least when the Promag pinky-hanger mag is included. And with 7+1 of Win PDX 95gr. JHP, it's pretty darn stout.

Besides, I've always liked blowback guns, because their fixed barrels make them as accurate as target pistolas. But I gotta disagree with people who describe revolvers as "reliable." If you could guarantee that it's not going to get dropped in the mud, sure, but at least the semis give you the chance to reset and restart if something goes wrong. And something will go wrong, at the worst possible time - guaranteed.

So that's how you roll, Sarge? I've collected a few rolls too, over the years. They don't help me conceal carry, at least not as well as this guy:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/16/biggie-mitchell-450-pound-drug-dealer_n_5499042.html

Seriously, though, it's good to see votes accumulating for the Bersa Thunder 380 CC, which is not only cheap and reliable, but it's also thin. It's long enough in the grip to accommodate my hands, at least when the Promag pinky-hanger mag is included. And with 7+1 of Win PDX 95gr. JHP, it's pretty darn stout.

Besides, I've always liked blowback guns, because their fixed barrels make them as accurate as target pistolas. But I gotta disagree with people who describe revolvers as "reliable." If you could guarantee that it's not going to get dropped in the mud, sure, but at least the semis give you the chance to reset and restart if something goes wrong. And something will go wrong, at the worst possible time - guaranteed.

ROFLMAO!!! Nooooooo........I'm not that big. And, I use a holster!:D

Im in the market for a 380 pocket pistol. Only have about $350. Ive been looking at the ruger lcp the taurus tcs 738 and the smith and wessen bodyguard. Im looking for super light weight and easy to hide in a pocket. Ive heard alot about the lcp and the bodyguard having alot of warranty issues yet ive heard nothing about the taurus. Most of the threads ive seen were a few years old. So wondering if any of you guys have had any issues with these pocket pistols recently? Any help would be appreciated.

Having owned all three I think I would buy the taurus. I know I know taurus is a cheap brand. Here's why though the trigger pull is considerably smoother, it is accurate and will run you around 200 bucks if you have to leave it in your car when your at work and it gets stolen your out less then the others. Also it has a lifetime warranty and is made in the usa( like the others). Here's why I wouldn't choose the others the lcp is ugly and the bodyguards trigger is horrible.

That blowback and fixed barrel design is what made me fall in love with a lot of older model .380s. The Bersa has it and a lot of the metal framed slightly older guns have it. Tack drivers compared to the small poly guns available in the caliber. Easy to clean and a .380 that is fun to shoot...some folks would not think that is possible if they have only tried the ultra compact poly .380s around these days. A good stout round is still easy to fire accurate and rapidly out of many guns with the heavier metal design and a nice old school fixed barrel.
I was knocking used shotgun shelves off a stump with my Browning double stack and my cousin could not hit them for a damn. He got so frustrated he got his shiny new FNX 45 tactical and just blew through 15 rounds...he knocked over some shells but pretty sure it was only due to the stump being blasted 15 times with 45 rapidly. After inspection I did not see any holes in the shells that did not come from my .380. I am sure he would have been capable of hitting them but at that point he had missed so many times with a M&P 9 that he just let 15 rounds of 45 fly as fast as he could. Stump was a little uneven after that for me to stack stuff on. Idiot used hollow points rather than switching mags as he was so annoyed he could not hit anything. I laughed and told him there went 20 bucks and a good stump. He asked to shoot my gun and did hit a few shells. I was pretty amused as he had been calling it a high capacity mouse gun all day. If you can hit a shotgun shell or mouse you are better off with that gun than the 12oo dollar 45 that just ripped apart everything but the targets.

Im in the market for a 380 pocket pistol. Only have about $350. Ive been looking at the ruger lcp the taurus tcs 738 and the smith and wessen bodyguard. Im looking for super light weight and easy to hide in a pocket. Ive heard alot about the lcp and the bodyguard having alot of warranty issues yet ive heard nothing about the taurus. Most of the threads ive seen were a few years old. So wondering if any of you guys have had any issues with these pocket pistols recently? Any help would be appreciated.
It's "Wesson". anyway, lot a stuff here, of course. from the tiny to the double stack classics.
There's really nothing wrong with that smith .380 "bodyguard" (yea, I'm bitter because they stole that name from their original .38 special "bodyguard" revolver).. and it has excellent sights.. and works

LOL I have owned one and that sig is a lot fatter and makes your wallet a lot skinnier than the OP said he could afford. When someone asks about advise on a gun and includes a price and size limit we can only advise around that price. Throwing out 5-600 dollar guns only throws off what the OP is trying to figure out.
Besides I do not consider that Sig any better as far as reliability than many cheaper guns we have talked about. Yes it may be more comfy but we cannot all pay for the most comfortable gun.
Experience with a LCP, Bodyguard, or Taurus is what was put on the table.
Most of the other guns discussed are all in that same price range. If you have 350 you are limited but I think the OP is looking in the right area for a budget when they clearly want something that can go in the pocket. We can throw out Bersa, Old model mil surp guns and things in that price range but guns out of price range are just not going to help out the OP with the here and now. I have been there when I was younger and people telling me to go with a Beretta 92 or a Sig did not help when I had a 300 dollar price limit. I am no longer so limited but can understand being there. I bought a Rossi 971 .357 for 200 and got a lot of crap for it until it was brought out to shoot. Suddenly my brother and cousin had a 971 a couple weeks later. I still love the gun and it still functions as well as any revolver I have. We have thrown out a lot of inexpensive quality guns and it is up to the OP to decide what feels best.
None of the guns in the price range mentioned are in any way a bad choice.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top