JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice Bersa thunder PLUS on seattle guns right now that looked tempting 15rd mags, shot a model that CZ makes like this and it was a super sweet shooter

another gun similar in size to the bersa, maybe a bit bigger (don't really feel like digging up the specs) is the beretta cheetah 84 and 85. Great guns. A little big, but plenty accurate. The 85 is a single stack and pretty narrow if you have small hands. Only problem is, is that you can get a 9mm pistol thats roughly the same size and maybe lighter. Still, it another option too look at if you are bent on a 380. For the size and the money though, I would rather have a kahr pm9.

Great choice on gun and gun store.:s0155:

Now you need a holster....

IMG_6522.jpg

Not to derail the thread...

But I'll be giving you a call for a holster once I pick up my KT P3at. :s0155:

If you want a range gun too, the only way to go is sig 232 or 238. Nothing else I've owned is accurate.

Try a 1908 Colt sometime. Obviously not a current production item, but was used for many years for the same reason as the current .380s and it's pretty darn accurate.

The Sig P238 is the nicest of these pocket 380s I've seen. It's a little pricey, but the action is very nice, 1911 style. It comes in about 7 varieties now as well.

I thought long and hard about getting small .380 for CCW. After trying some at the local range, also at several local gun shop to see how various .380 guns feel in my hand, and looking at the price and availability of range and SD ammos, I decided to get a compact 9mm. It seems that more 9mm ammos are available, a bit more punch compared to .380, and many 9mm compact and subcompact pistols are as easily concealable as many .380 pistols, aka the mouse guns.

I did further research in various websites, Youtube vids by Hickok45, sootch00, and others, I had my eyes on Kahr CW9. The size-wise it is comparable to Ruger LC9 and alike, and everyone says that it has very nice trigger. Many local gun shops had them priced around $400, but I found one at one of the gun shows for $365. I bought it, and took it to the range, and oh man, it is a keeper!

I normally carry it in a IWB holster, but I can easily conceal it in my cargo pants pocket without printing. This 7+1 9mm would be perfect for anyone who does not mind carrying it in a holster or even in a lady's purse.

Old post but thought I'd give my two cents...

I did A LOT of research on the pocket carries. .380 vs 9mm, this brand versus that brand and etc.

My final decision came to the P238 and I am totally happy...so far!

I held each one and came REAL close to buying the LCP but holding the P238...well just felt right. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for, not that some are OVERPRICED. I even bought one in an "odd" two tone cause well...I'm the only one seeing it and in an emergency situation who cares?

Thinking of getting the Crimson Trace but not sure cause would I really need the laser? Home defense is 40 cal and this pocket carry is for summer primary.

Well anyway I blabbered on. But thanks for listening.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top