JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't seen Tulammo in 380 at all. I've bought and used it in 9mm, with only one FTF in several hundred rounds, but I'm finding Blazer Brass at the same price I paid for Tulammo steel now, so doubt I'll be buying steel case again. I'm working through my stash of steelcase first. I have noticed that Tulammo steelcase ammo sticks more in the magazine while reloading, and would have thought it wouldn't feed up again as cleanly, but that hasn't really been the case.

My problem has been finding 380 on the shelves from any manufacturer, I've got about 150 rounds in my stock. That said, I only fire it in my Ruger LCP which is not a range gun, I'm just firing it for practise, so I don't need so much.

Is that steel-case coated with some kind of plastic or lacquer? It can't be as self-lubricating as brass, can it? Is there a potential for it to wear the chamber quicker than brass?

I'm not desperate enough to try steel- or plastic-cased .380, but I'd like to hear from anybody who has.

I bought some for my M&P 45c to try and I had no problems with it, I probably would not buy it again though unless I was really desperate for ammo.
I've used the 9mm without a problem, but I would rather spend a couple of extra bucks and get something better.
WM had both Tula and Federal (bulk pack) 9mm and I don't remember the prices, but it was only a couple of bucks difference.

I have fired it with no problems out of my Sig, 92gr projectiles I believe. it was the only box on the shelf and I don't really like shooting steel cased ammunition.

I have a shot a couple hundred rounds of Herters steel cased 380 without any problems. Damn dirty ammo but have been satisfied with it. Shot it with my Bersa Thunder.

I shot a lot of Wolf 380 in my Bersa 380 with no problem. The Bersa shot anything I put in it. It's not Tula, but they're similar.

Thanks for the info...picked up a used Bersa. I'll post when the weather warms up enuff to put some rounds down range. High today was 20...

Thanks for the info...picked up a used Bersa. I'll post when the weather warms up enuff to put some rounds down range. High today was 20...

I got out today with the Bersa and the Tula ammo. The Bersa took the steel cased stuff just fine except for 2 FTF on the last round in a Promag. The factory mag worked just fine on the last rounds. Really dirty but soft shooting and accurate as some Blazer I brought along for a comparison.

I think I would pass if I was to have a chance to buy the Tula in 380 again. The other calibers might be better as I only had the 380 to run.

If you are looking for a personal defense round Hornady critical defense works flawlessly through my Sig.

Thanks for the info. Primarily I was looking for a pistol that would that would "use" the Tula ammo. Your input however might be valuable to 380 owners looking for PD ammo. Thanks again for the insight.

My Sig p238 has eaten everything I have thrown in it without a single failure, including tula steel cased ammo. The steel cased ammo is not hardened steel, and it has a coating over it, so it will not hurt your gun be any means. I have shot thousands of steel cased ammo through ak and ar platforms and they function just fine. I have also used a lot of steel cased .40 in my g23 with no ill effects.