Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

380 Ammo Hoarding

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by turq, Feb 23, 2010.

1. turq

turq Molino,oregon Member

I can't believe what has happened in the 380 ammo supply. Too many Kahr and LCPs I guess. However the internet broker site is listing various 380 ammo for sale(some at $2/round) ALL 5 Pages of listings. This just seems to be alot compared to what if any you find on store shelves or to order[including components.].

2. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

the ammo supply is what has kept me from buying a gun in .380, I make it a point to check whatever shop i'm in for it, but I have never seen more than one box on the shelves at a time.

3. 86-0134

86-0134 north willamette valley Member

saw some remington UMC 95gr FMJ at the Woodburn Wal-Mart on sunday. 16.99 per box.

4. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

5. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I was at a local gun shop a couple weeks ago and they had just got in a shipment of
    .380 acp personal defense ammo. I asked the guy for a box, and his reply was, "Just one?! You know how hard this stuff is to get don't you? Might want to grab as much as you can." That ticked me off, because it just exacerbates the problem. I told him I would just shoot my ball ammo for practice and that a box of personal defence would last me a year, depending on when I choose to replace it. It's insane.

6. Phillyfan

Phillyfan Oregon City, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just had to point out that I somehow spelled "exacerbates" correctly without spell check! Of course I had to look it up after the fact to be sure, but it still counts, right?

7. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

PMC and American Eagle FMJ 380 on the shelf at Newberg Fred Meyer.

8. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Big 5 in Hillsboro and the one across Washington Square mall always seems to have it in stock. Don't recall the price however.

9. dunnghia

dunnghia Milwaukie Active Member

Pick up a couple of boxs at northwest armory for $20.

10. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

I was at Fisherman's in O.City, they had quite a bit a few weeks ago. Magtech, 17.99/box or so. I always look for it because I have a friend who needed 500rounds to feed his 2 LCPs.

11. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

I keep swaying toward an LCP, then I go to BiMart, Walmart or wherever and see NO .380, and think "Oh YEAH, that's why I don't buy one!" So I was in a shop today, looking for a new C.C. gun and see they have an LCP for a good price, so I look around to see if they have any ammo, they do, Blazer Brass, for $25 bucks, I think "WOW, a different reason NOT to buy an LCP."

12. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

.38 is getting to be the same way, not the cheap plinkin' stuff, but try to get ahold of Speer Gold Dot HP's.........

13. Trick

Trick St Helens Active Member

Same at Scappoose....picked up a couple boxes yesterday for around $18 each.

14. longcolt

longcolt Zephyrhills, FL Active Member

Yep that is where I buy it also, and did pick up a few boxes of Magtech when they had it. The last few visits they did not have 380.

But they had .25 and .32 magtech, which I have not seen for a year. Strange how the ammo comes and goes.

But plenty of 9mm and 40 cal now, which is good.

15. TMann

TMann Washington State Member

For those in East King County, I believe that both Wades in Bellevue, and West Coast Armory in Issaquah have recently had .380 in stock.

TMann

16. Partsproduction

Partsproduction Tillamook Oregon Active Member

16 responses (Well, 1 OP and 15 responses) and not one of you mentioned reloading. That's the answer folks, a progressive press will make you feel like the master of the shortage instead of it's victim. I have thousands of rounds of .380 that I've loaded. It's fun and it's freedom. :)

17. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

And you are getting thousands of primers WHERE?:confused:

18. Dan-Dee Sales Inc

Dan-Dee Sales Inc Sweet Home, Oregon, United States Active Member

Primers are around. We get primers in every week or two. This week it was small rifle. Next week it will be something else.

19. Partsproduction

Partsproduction Tillamook Oregon Active Member

Powder valley had Wolf primers last time I looked, I bought 10K. They didn't have any other brand in small or large pistol. I always buy large amounts (Well, I mean many thousands) at a time to spread out the abominable hazmat fees. I never let stocks get below 20K.

20. Searcher451

Searcher451 Oregon Member

I was in Central Oregon this weekend and stopped by the Cent Wise shop in Redmond. It's a great gun store -- visit it the next time you are in the vicinity. Set up at the front of the store, as you walked in, was a table that was filled with all manner of ammo: .22 bulk, .25, 32. .38 Special, .40 S&W, .45 -- and, no kidding, box after box of American Eagle .380 for $13.99 per 50 rounds. There was a limit of two boxes per customer, but I did leave Central Oregon this weekend with 300 rounds. It's the first time that I've seen decent .380 offered in any quantity for a long, long time. I hope that doesn't make me a hoarder.