JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I can't believe what has happened in the 380 ammo supply. Too many Kahr and LCPs I guess. However the internet broker site is listing various 380 ammo for sale(some at $2/round) ALL 5 Pages of listings. This just seems to be alot compared to what if any you find on store shelves or to order[including components.].

I was at a local gun shop a couple weeks ago and they had just got in a shipment of
.380 acp personal defense ammo. I asked the guy for a box, and his reply was, "Just one?! You know how hard this stuff is to get don't you? Might want to grab as much as you can." That ticked me off, because it just exacerbates the problem. I told him I would just shoot my ball ammo for practice and that a box of personal defence would last me a year, depending on when I choose to replace it. It's insane.

I was at Fisherman's in O.City, they had quite a bit a few weeks ago. Magtech, 17.99/box or so. I always look for it because I have a friend who needed 500rounds to feed his 2 LCPs.

I keep swaying toward an LCP, then I go to BiMart, Walmart or wherever and see NO .380, and think "Oh YEAH, that's why I don't buy one!" So I was in a shop today, looking for a new C.C. gun and see they have an LCP for a good price, so I look around to see if they have any ammo, they do, Blazer Brass, for $25 bucks, I think "WOW, a different reason NOT to buy an LCP."

I was at Fisherman's in O.City, they had quite a bit a few weeks ago. Magtech, 17.99/box or so. I always look for it because I have a friend who needed 500rounds to feed his 2 LCPs.

Yep that is where I buy it also, and did pick up a few boxes of Magtech when they had it. The last few visits they did not have 380.

But they had .25 and .32 magtech, which I have not seen for a year. Strange how the ammo comes and goes.

But plenty of 9mm and 40 cal now, which is good.

16 responses (Well, 1 OP and 15 responses) and not one of you mentioned reloading. That's the answer folks, a progressive press will make you feel like the master of the shortage instead of it's victim. I have thousands of rounds of .380 that I've loaded. It's fun and it's freedom. :)

16 responses (Well, 1 OP and 15 responses) and not one of you mentioned reloading. That's the answer folks, a progressive press will make you feel like the master of the shortage instead of it's victim. I have thousands of rounds of .380 that I've loaded. It's fun and it's freedom. :)

And you are getting thousands of primers WHERE?:confused:

Powder valley had Wolf primers last time I looked, I bought 10K. They didn't have any other brand in small or large pistol. I always buy large amounts (Well, I mean many thousands) at a time to spread out the abominable hazmat fees. I never let stocks get below 20K.

I was in Central Oregon this weekend and stopped by the Cent Wise shop in Redmond. It's a great gun store -- visit it the next time you are in the vicinity. Set up at the front of the store, as you walked in, was a table that was filled with all manner of ammo: .22 bulk, .25, 32. .38 Special, .40 S&W, .45 -- and, no kidding, box after box of American Eagle .380 for $13.99 per 50 rounds. There was a limit of two boxes per customer, but I did leave Central Oregon this weekend with 300 rounds. It's the first time that I've seen decent .380 offered in any quantity for a long, long time. I hope that doesn't make me a hoarder.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top