JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Looking to sell this .38 Special S&W Model 640. It's a DAO 19oz, 5-shot, all stainless, "hammerless" & +P rated Centennial J-frame. In excellent condition with a few handling marks here and there, nothing too major and absolutely no rust or pitting. The lockup and timing are perfect, as are the chambers and bore.

This example was made in ~1992 during a time when S&W was known to really have their stuff together as far as materials and craftsmanship went. Guns made in the late 80's to the mid 90's, especially the Centennials ("hammerless") are known by S&W guys for their smooth actions and precise fitting. This gun features a forged hammer and trigger and no MIM parts or Internal Lock.

The gun will come with the Spegel grips pictured - very popular in S&W circles. Sorry, no box or papers on this one. I'm only selling it to fund another gun and will pull this ad if the other one I'm looking at becomes unavailable (i.e. auction ends), so it should be jumped on if it's wanted. It's a nice gun that I have no problem keeping. They're lightweight (for being all-stainless), durable, smooth handling and made back when S&W still cared about their guns.

I'm looking to deal in the Everett area and not looking for trades. Would like to see a CPL unless I've dealt with you before. I'm asking $550 with the grips or $500 without. Preference goes to whoever can meet closer/sooner. I apologize for the non-super-high-quality photos, but I don't have a card for my camera so my phone had to do :/

Thanks for looking.
-Rob