JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
38 Special
City
Silverton
State
Oregon
I would like a nice condition .38 Special revolver for my wife. I would prefer 2" barrel. Please reasonable pricing only.

Thanks!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
FYI, BiMart has Rock Island .38 Special revolvers for $199.

They're nothing fancy, but for the price they're a pretty solid little gun. They do not compare with a S&W or Ruger, but they're a lot cheaper.

I've got zero experience with Rock Island... You think they are decent?
I have one too. It shoots fine and is reasonably accurate, plenty accurate for most purposes.

I did buy an old police trade-in S&W model 10 a few months after the Rock Island, and I do have to say that the Rock Island, though a very good value for the money, just doesn't compare with the S&W. Everything about the old Smith just felt so much better. You don't tend to find even well-used Smiths in that price range though.

The local BiMart here has some "discontinued" Taurus .38 revolvers too, for not much more. I know, Taurus is a bit hit and miss, but I've heard that their revolvers tend to be pretty decent for the price.

I have one too. It shoots fine and is reasonably accurate, plenty accurate for most purposes.

I did buy an old police trade-in S&W model 10 a few months after the Rock Island, and I do have to say that the Rock Island, though a very good value for the money, just doesn't compare with the S&W. Everything about the old Smith just felt so much better. You don't tend to find even well-used Smiths in that price range though.

The local BiMart here has some "discontinued" Taurus .38 revolvers too, for not much more. I know, Taurus is a bit hit and miss, but I've heard that their revolvers tend to be pretty decent for the price.
Thank you for all of your info and help... I'll hit up my local BiMarts and see what they have!

Ruger lcr. 38 +P Crimson trace lightweight
20220420_131559.jpg 20220420_131547.jpg 20220420_131535.jpg

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.