JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Happy New Year, all.

This could come off as vague, but it really isn't--I'm just open to a lot of possibilities. I'm looking for a new 'nightstand gun' that I will eventually gift to an older man that has been my friend and mentor for something more than a quarter century (after he takes it to the range a few times and shows me that he can handle it safely).

I learned a while back that he feels 'safer' because he has a loaded Colt Police Positive in his nightstand. It is a .32-20 that was made about 1926. The newest ammo that he has is probably from the Early '40s, and at some point, the gun was slightly bubba'ed in that they ground down the sear, and from single action all you have to do is breathe on it for it to go off (it happened when I tried it out for him--Bang! finger not in the trigger guard yet, just jiggle... Bad!). I tried to talk him into unloading it and putting it somewhere else, but its still there.

For Christmas, I've already set him up with a slider safe under the edge of the bed, now I'm looking for something to put into it. My first thought is an inexpensive but reliable .38 wheelgun like a Rossi, or Charter Arms, but I'm open to just about anything with the following criteria:

* Easy to activate safety system (or a revolver which he won't store in condition one).
* Modern, easy to purchase ammunition
* Reliable
* In budget. I'd easily go $200, but might move up, let me know what you have.

I'm (and so is he for that matter) an Oregon resident with no restrictions on firearm ownership. Happy to do ID and receipts, etc. I live between Gresham and Sandy, but will travel a reasonable distance for the right deal.

Thanks for reading,

Ron

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.