JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder........

Did the OP even read his Reloading Manual's Warnings?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....straying from the established published data. The following is NOT only for the OP (as in this case).

Hummmm.....why ask on the internet? Looking for an APPROVAL of your experiments? What do you suppose will be the LIABILITY? Is it that you want to BLAME someone else (say if, you ended up hurting, injuring, etc.... yourself or someone nearby)?

Experiment on your own IF you must. And thank you in advance for staying away from me. LOL. I might just be, that guy, in the next shooting lane.

Last Edited:
Well, way back in the good ol' days, when 357 mag brass was scarce, a guy named Skeeter Skelton used a cast bullet out of the Lyman mold 358156, crimped in the second crimp groove, 13.5 grains of 2400 powder for 357 level loads using 38 special brass. Lee has a similar mold, 11.5 to 12 grains of 2400 is pretty accurate out of my gp100.

I wonder........

Did the OP even read his Reloading Manual's Warnings?

Aloha, Mark

PS.....straying from the established published data. The following is NOT only for the OP (as in this case).

Hummmm.....why ask on the internet? Looking for an APPROVAL of your experiments? What do you suppose will be the LIABILITY? Is it that you want to BLAME someone else (say if, you ended up hurting, injuring, etc.... yourself or someone nearby)?

Experiment on your own is you must. And thank you in advance for staying away from me. LOL. I might just be, that guy, in the next shooting lane.
Lol. I did read the warnings. I just like to understand more about the why and not just the what. Other people's thoughts and mileage is much more useful, practical and robust since you can't ask a book questions. Everything humanity has achieved was an experiment at one point; doubtless with some standing by saying it can't or shouldn't be attempted. Personally, I prefer indulging my curiosity over my fear.

Cheers

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads