JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got a link? I wonder if theres enough meat to turn the 40mm down to 37 mm?
Rifled 22
18x22

I just remembered I own a lathe and a milling machine and a crapload of specialty tooling :)
If you figure out a way to fit 4 or so 22s into something that fits a 12 gauge, let me know how much of a donation I need to send to you!

I need other things to do with my little SBS other than flares and mini shells.

I sure miss BLAMO-AMMO. Anything 12 ga. :s0023:

I have one of the Eastern Block steel 37mm flare guns. I ended up making a 12 ga. adaptor for it. Both of my boat flare guns are the old 12 ga./20mm kits, the guns are plastic but they have metal 12 ga. adaptors. Have to be careful with any adaptors though, Canadian Customs can get really snotty. :(

I sure miss BLAMO-AMMO. Anything 12 ga. :s0023:

I have one of the Eastern Block steel 37mm flare guns. I ended up making a 12 ga. adaptor for it. Both of my boat flare guns are the old 12 ga./20mm kits, the guns are plastic but they have metal 12 ga. adaptors. Have to be careful with any adaptors though, Canadian Customs can get really snotty. :(
Sure its a 37 mm. All the east bloc stuff Ive seen are 26.5mm

:eek: You're right. I just dug it out and it says it's a 26.5 Rak Pist 78 HK. :s0092:

It's a whole kit I bought years ago at a salvage store. Nice carrying case with shell loops, cleaning rod and what looks like a compartment for maps. I bought it as a spare for my, "Plastic" flare guns and because it's made out of metal. :)

If the 22 was rifled it would be good as the basis for an interesting volley fire "derringer" without a tax stamp too.
40mm, 37mm, 12ga, 20ga subcaliber adapters legally require the host flare launcher or firearm to be stamped as a AOW or DD seeing as you're creating a firearm. Rifled ones like I have might even SBR depending on the launcher setup.

They're kinda fun, tho

20210816_155821.jpg

Last Edited:
40mm, 37mm, 12ga, 20ga subcaliber adapters legally require the host flare launcher or firearm to be stamped as a AOW or DD seeing as you're creating a firearm. Rifled ones like I have might even SBR depending on the launcher setup.

They're kinda fun, tho

View attachment 1131365
It wouldn't be either if it was rifled, I wasn't planning on using a flare launcher, or if I did it would be modified so it couldn't be used as a flare launcher so it would be .22 caliber.

37mm. Its only a DD when its got antipersonnel rounds in it . Form 1 in the works....

Big sale on 37mm 15 round beehives at armsunlimited. You NEVER see them this cheap and 37mm? Hardly ever. I love watching people shoot beehives on youtube 600-900 grains going 900 FPS out the muzzle. "Ow, It hurts"/

https://www.armsunlimited.com/22LR-Reloadable-Beehive-Round-37mm-40mm-Launcher-p/bh15-22.htm

None of this stuff needs a FFL to buy BTW/

View attachment 1099751View attachment 1099752
Is the paperwork for a DD any more involved than other NFA items? This intrigues me

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top