JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just finished my long range build and My gun A.D.D. is acting up again. I feel I am in "need" of a heavy bullet bone buster-medium size game brush rifle and double duty loaner rifle. I am a Steyr guy, Always seem to like the obscure stuff.

I have my eye on the Steyr scout or Prohunter in .376 Steyr, I think it would make a great round for my needs and looks to be good to about 400 yards while packing a heck of a wallop for a medium size cartridge.

Does anyone here have one or have had real experience with this cartridge? I see them getting somewhat popular in the hand cannon world too. I don't mind hunting down ammo or components for it.

Thanks.

Looked at a Steyr Prohunter in .376 for a couple years at a dealer and wish I had picked it up.

Owned a .375 Ruger for a while and it was really fun to shoot and definitely hit hard.

Just do it.

Looked at a Steyr Prohunter in .376 for a couple years at a dealer and wish I had picked it up.

Owned a .375 Ruger for a while and it was really fun to shoot and definitely hit hard.

Just do it.

I also have a thing for the .375 Ruger (impressive round on paper), Likewise if I can actually get my mits on Steyr Alaskan in .375 Ruger, I will, But they are real hard to find.

Steyr Alaskan in .375 Ruger would be awesome since ammo is much more available in factory form if needed. Only thing holding me back from another .375 Ruger or Steyr is the initial cost of the gun for something I won't be using for years.

Built one a few years back, on a savage.
Was still in Idaho chasing elk and moose. Used it in Montana once also for bear.

It was fine, the components were expensive, and not at the local drugstore.
I never could get that rifle to shoot bug holes, and it kicked pretty good; which meant I didn't shoot as much as I should have.

That last part was it's ultimate downfall for me. If I don't shoot hundreds to thousands of rounds in a cartridge, I lose interest. I never found that cartridge to do anything that my 308 wouldn't do, in terms of stopping an animal.

YMMV,
I say buy if you are interested.

Built one a few years back, on a savage.
Was still in Idaho chasing elk and moose. Used it in Montana once also for bear.

It was fine, the components were expensive, and not at the local drugstore.
I never could get that rifle to shoot bug holes, and it kicked pretty good; which meant I didn't shoot as much as I should have.

That last part was it's ultimate downfall for me. If I don't shoot hundreds to thousands of rounds in a cartridge, I lose interest. I never found that cartridge to do anything that my 308 wouldn't do, in terms of stopping an animal.

YMMV,
I say buy if you are interested.

Did you ever harvest a animal with it? thoughts?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top