JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
was digging thru the safe and came across my dads old deer rifle a Winchester 94 big bore xtr in 375.win.i cant find any ammo for under $50 for 20 so i tried to find some brass to do a little reloading and no luck.do any of you know where to find some.or could i turn some of my hundreds of 30.30 cases into some?not gonna hunt with the loads just want to bring back some memories of the past with the old lever.something about the way that gun feels in my hands.thanks for the help;)

I work with a guy that has a box or 2 he is willing to part with. I will check with him, meanwhile give me your # and I will have him contact you.

does anybody know if i can fire form 3030 win into 375win.and what the best way to go about it would be.never tried doing that before but i have heard of alot of guys doing it for other calibers.always looking to learn something new:D

You might try and find .38-55 brass, from what I can find, the two are very similar, except the .38-55 brass will need to be trimmed about .065" or so, as it is actually longer than the .375 brass.
Also, it looks like the .375 case mouth outside diameter is .400" compared to .392 for the .38-55.
I think I'd try.38-55 first, before trying to size up .30-30 brass.
.30-30 brass is about .020" longer than .375, and is also about .004" larger in diameter measured right above the rim. .38-55 brass is within .0007" of .375 brass.
Natchez seems to have .38-55 brass in stock for around $50 per hundred....
Couldn't seem to find .375 nor .38-55 at Midway, Brownells,nor Brunos.
I seem to remember that Winchester was having problems with people firing .375's in old .38-55's with damage resulting....

From doing some searching, these folks might have some .375 brass, converted from .30-30:http://www.eabco.com/brass01.html

It seems that .38-55 brass is thinner in the web than .30-30, and .30-30 is thinner than .375, so any conversions should be loaded to lower pressures than full-house .375 loads.

One method to fireform .30-30 brass was to use about 8 grains of unique, with a small wad of toilet paper over the powder, then fill the case up with Cream of Wheat up to the top, and use another small wad of toilet paper to hold the CoW in, then fire the rifle held vertically.

This should fireform it nicely, according to what I have read.

Last Edited:
Fowelkiller:

There is an article in the latest Handloader magazine about loading the .375 Win., along with using .38-55 brass, loads, powders, bullets etc.

Good article, and well worth purchasing the magazine eiter at a store, or ordering a copy from Handloader...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top