JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's sad to say, but it was about time. Much of their overhead transmission and distribution infrastructure is an engineering nightmare making it impossible to perform any sort of maintenance on the system which, I suspect, is the major cause of that massive
outage.

This must be a terrible blow for Dell and Comcast and Visa's tech support groups.

My heart goes out to all the outsource agencies having to look (Gasp, I shudder to think) to Americans to support their products this week.

It's a very dark time indeed for penny pinching corporations nationwide.

:cool:

And this is what happens when a country does not sufficiently invest in its infrastructure. The US with its aging grid should take a long good look and remember the NE blackout a few years ago. It's time to put some serious money into our grid, bridges, roads, etc. I know a lot of people find this idea suspiciously liberal, but these are good investments. Everyone benefits from a solid infrastructure, and it creates honest living-wage jobs.

And this is what happens when a country does not sufficiently invest in its infrastructure. The US with its aging grid should take a long good look and remember the NE blackout a few years ago. It's time to put some serious money into our grid, bridges, roads, etc. I know a lot of people find this idea suspiciously liberal, but these are good investments. Everyone benefits from a solid infrastructure, and it creates honest living-wage jobs.

This is what was supposed to happen with Obama's first big spending spree. Do you remeber all his talk about "shovel ready projects"???
All they really did was waste the money on bunch of quickly thought up projects and signs. All those stupid signs to promote the fact that this work is being done using the money from the blah blah blah bill. Shovel ready my donkey. They only real shoveling done was by the administration and they were shoveling a whole lot of bull.
A whole lot of money was wasted and a chance to do some major upgrades and repairs wasted as well.

This is what was supposed to happen with Obama's first big spending spree. Do you remeber all his talk about "shovel ready projects"???
All they really did was waste the money on bunch of quickly thought up projects and signs. All those stupid signs to promote the fact that this work is being done using the money from the blah blah blah bill. Shovel ready my donkey. They only real shoveling done was by the administration and they were shoveling a whole lot of bull.
A whole lot of money was wasted and a chance to do some major upgrades and repairs wasted as well.

I lived in north cetral MI at the time the on in 2003 happened, it affected 3 times the amountof area people reported by the media and took twice as long to get basic power back to service stationand store, it also 3 times as long to get everyone back upo and running as reported in the documentary crumbling of america.

ALthough there have some improvements made to fix the infrastructure, the majority of all fixes actually went on hold when Obama took office, they thought they were going to get a windfall from to pay for it and then said well with the insecurity of everything with hime in office we had better hold back as much of our cas reserves as possible.

While some improvements have been made, the electrical grid of the US is operating on borrowed time just like a lot of our other infrastructure, just waiting for the perfect storm

My assessment isn't quite as negative, but I agree. Good intentions, terrible execution. Infrastructure projects - with some exceptions - must be handled at the state level.

I chalk it up more to incompetence than a con job. Living here in Eugene I see the same stupidity constantly. Lets build a $3,000,000 bike bridge that NO ONE uses, lets rename a highway for a wealthy guy that donated alot to my campaigns, hopefully his family will keep it up. Lets spend millions building one bridge three times. Yes, we will build a temporary bridge, tear down the old one, build the new one, then tear down the temporary bridge and build another new one there, but not even bother to put a new off-ramp in. Sure it all created some jobs, but it did very little to really improve our country.

Last Edited:
I chalk it up more to incompetence than a con job. Living here in Eugene I see the same stupidity constantly. Lets build a $3,000,000 bike bridge that NO ONE uses, lets rename a highway for a wealthy guy that donated alot to my campaigns, hopefully his family will keep it up. Lets spend millions building one bridge three times. Yes, we will build a temporary bridge, tear down the old one, but in a new one, then tear down the temporary bridge and build another new one there, but not even bother to put a new off-ramp in. Sure it all created some jobs, but it did very little to really improve our country.

It is all over the country, piss it away on something stupid, meaningless or something not needed. But try to get them to spend money on something important like a decaying sewer system, or a bridge that is collapsing forget it, but they are more than willing to spend it on a bridge to nowhere.

It is all over the country, piss it away on something stupid, meaningless or something not needed. But try to get them to spend money on something important like a decaying sewer system, or a bridge that is collapsing forget it, but they are more than willing to spend it on a bridge to nowhere.

Fixing a bridge doesn't benefit Goldman Sachs. The real money - your tax money and taxes via inflation - always go to the same place; the financial elite. They get the billions/trillions; you get a rotten sewer and a sagging bridge. GS and their croonies need that money to buy every important 'elected' politician also.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top