JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"But it is up to the sheriff's to decide what is constitutional and what is not".

Ummm, shouldn't that be pretty straight forward? 🤔

From the article:

"Only the sheriffs of King and Kitsap counties did not sign the letter."

Coulda tol'ja that without even reading the thing.

Again, from the article:

"The King County sheriff will become an appointed position at the end of the year."

Any guesses on how that's gonna turn out?

Wow... now that is unexpected here in the NW. Good to know that there are still some level headed folks out there who aren't hell bent on power and control.

Re-Fund these officers!

Edit: had to read the article twice, it's so surprising. I enjoy the closing paragraph a lot.

Frustration among the sheriffs is perhaps best explained by a line in Sheriff Hatcher's message:
"In these unprecedented times, it is more important than ever we all stand together to protect our rights from the blatantly contrasted position of individuals with a special interest or political agendas."
-Robert

Last Edited:
Sheriff Songer of Klickitat County sent a letter to both Inslee and Ferguson telling them to stuff it about firearms and covud restrictions. Let people decide on their own where they want to go...and if L&I or other government people harass any biz owner, they will be arrested. It was a thing of beauty...

Wow. I am proud and pleased by this news.
God bless them all! hurray.gif 1626932181390.png

Wow... now that is unexpected here in the NW. Good to know that there are still some level headed folks out there who aren't hell bent on power and control.

Re-Fund these officers!

Edit: had to read the article twice, it's so surprising. I enjoy the closing paragraph a lot.

-Robert
It's not that surprising - 10 miles outside of the I-5 corridor, and Spokane metro, Washington is super conservative. The problem is the population of the crap filled cities dwarfs the rural areas in votes/population.

Wow. This article draws a pretty stark comparison to Dave Workman's piece in Ammoland.

The writer of this piece is a gutless ninny, a .gov sheepstooge clearly enamored of other people's authoritarianism. Watch as he conflates the protection of individual rights against governmental overreach with enforcement of the same governmental overreach;

"In the letter, the sheriffs "publicly reassert our individual and collective duty to defend all of the constitutional rights of our citizens."
But during the pandemic, some sheriffs have refused to enforce COVID-19 safety mandates. And in the past few years, some sheriffs have publicly announced they won't enforce newly passed gun safety laws."

Uuuuuhhhh... yeah. That's pretty much what they're talking about.

What a chump. Go back to your basement and put your mask on, Mr defender of the citizenry... your check is in the mail

Maybe I'm just cynical but this looks just like political pandering by elected officials to me.

It's all well and good that they send a letter. But, are they and all their deputies ready to be fired for their values? Are they ready to stand between you and a Fed/Local PD executing on an unconstitutional law?

This is good, but again the ATF is federal so these 2A sanctuary counties are really just feel-good nonsense. You might be able to shoot your stuff but as soon as you want to purchase something you'll be subject to BS laws. Every FFL in every one of those 37 counties HAS to follow the feds and ATF.

This is good, but again the ATF is federal so these 2A sanctuary counties are really just feel-good nonsense. You might be able to shoot your stuff but as soon as you want to purchase something you'll be subject to BS laws. Every FFL in every one of those 37 counties HAS to follow the feds and ATF.
But they don't have to help them on raids, warrants, intel etc.
Maybe it is a futile gesture but I still respect them for making it.

Last Edited:
This little blurb right here says it all. Notice the same lawyer would have ZERO problems with Counties that declared themselves exempt from other Fed law, such as immigration. They would keep a strait face while they said that was different. This is also why some places want to take the Sheriff away from the voters and appoint one.

KIRO 7 TV spoke with constitutional lawyer Jeffery Needle about the letter.
"It's dangerous because it shows an extreme bias by the sheriffs of Washington state in favor of Second Amendment rights," he said.
Needle said the letter implies that sheriffs have power that the law does not give them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top