JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe I'm just cynical but this looks just like political pandering by elected officials to me.

It's all well and good that they send a letter. But, are they and all their deputies ready to be fired for their values? Are they ready to stand between you and a Fed/Local PD executing on an unconstitutional law?
Good for re-election.

Maybe I'm just cynical but this looks just like political pandering by elected officials to me.

It's all well and good that they send a letter. But, are they and all their deputies ready to be fired for their values? Are they ready to stand between you and a Fed/Local PD executing on an unconstitutional law?
An elected sheriff has a lot of power. They can actually revoke any agency's right to enforce the law in their county, even the feds.

An appointed sheriff is as worthless as a police chief. They serve at the pleasure of the county executive and can be fired.

I say About time that elected officials start giving a Fukk about their constituents!!!
My sheriff in Grays Harbor has been Pro2A from the beginning of his time in office.
Even the elected law makers who are NOT pro rights will toe that line if voters make them. VERY few law makers who are all in on power will willingly lose that job by sticking to their ideas. They will do what the voters make them do. Sadly too many who should know better can't be bothered with voting so this is the mess we get. :mad:

I'm really surprised that the Clark County Sheriff signed it. He has remained silent on 1639, and all the other anti-gun BS that has passed since he's been in office.

I'm not surprised that King County didn't sign that paper. Quite unfortunate that it will be an appointed position, which counters the tradition of having an elected LEO. The bleeding heart liberal mindset will be the death of the American pastime called liberty, freedom and the pursuit of happiness.

I'm not surprised that King County didn't sign that paper. Quite unfortunate that it will be an appointed position, which counters the tradition of having an elected LEO. The bleeding heart liberal mindset will be the death of the American pastime called liberty, freedom and the pursuit of happiness.
The King County Sheriff will become an appointed position again instead of being elected. Used to be appointed years ago before it was an elected position starting back in 1996. We have come full circle.

From the article:

"Only the sheriffs of King and Kitsap counties did not sign the letter."

Coulda tol'ja that without even reading the thing.

Again, from the article:

"The King County sheriff will become an appointed position at the end of the year."

Any guesses on how that's gonna turn out?
I guess we know who the 2 A-holes are.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads