JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm, you have a boat and I have around 50 turkeys on the ranch........

I do have a boat, And i am always looking for people who want to go catch some fish. My wife is only good for about one trip a week max, even during salmon season. Would love to come help with that turkey infestation as well. ;)

Never been Turkey hunting but if its anything like pheasant then its a blast!:)
Well, since Wild Turkeys almost never get off the ground, it really isn't much like hunting pheasants. It's more like "shooting fish in a barrel". In my opinion, they should be hunted with a rifle chambered in .22 Rimfire or better yet, with a handgun in that caliber.

Well, since Wild Turkeys almost never get off the ground, it really isn't much like hunting pheasants. It's more like "shooting fish in a barrel". In my opinion, they should be hunted with a rifle chambered in .22 Rimfire or better yet, with a handgun in that caliber.

Still sounds like fun. ;)

Hmmm, you have a boat and I have around 50 turkeys on the ranch........

Some more pics from last summer/fall to accelerate the bribe for turkey hunting:

a.JPG 2 on boat.jpg joe4.jpg

Last Edited:
I hear Turkey from time to time out where I live, I kept seeing two a male and female down in Carver just up the hill from the Carver park/boat ramp in front of the Emmerett estate gate/property, but that was last year.
A few years before that I saw three (a male and two female) out closer to my place on Lowerhighland Rd near Ridge Rd on the long straightaway stretch of road. If any one knows where im talking about and I dont sound to crazy...

I always wanted to raise a few hundred and let them go out here just to piss off my neighbors. :)

What no tuna?! :) We had two youth hunters today scouting for tomorrow and another for Wednesday but I am sure we can find a tom for you, pm me your phone #

One of the scouts just told us they saw a bearded hen today

We would need a day like 3 years ago for tuna. 12 miles off Coos Bay and one of the flattest days I have seen. Guys were out there trolling for albacore in their sleds. My Hewes boat handles the ocean well, but not really set up to go 37 miles offshore which is as close as I have gotten tuna the last couple seasons. PM sent with number.

Well I got skunked Sunday. Any day in the woods is a good day though. Went in saturday. Wemt light. Set up a basic shelter. Wind beat beat the hell out of it. Woke up Sunday. Hit it hard. Didnt hear or see damn thing. Did a little fishing, and made up for it.
I'll hit it again next weekend.
20180414_122358.jpg
20180414_130051.jpg
20180415_162558.jpg
20180415_091231.jpg
20180414_142433.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show