JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You see the ramp on that scope base? Its like a half inch taller at the back than the front. I bet you couldn't even sight that thing in at anything under a 1000 yards

Last Edited:
Either way anything over 600yrds is dutch to me....and pretty flipping awesome...whatever the target.
Ive seen a couple guys shoot a coyote and ground hawgs at a 1000yds with a 338lapua. That was pretty awesome shooting

Took 2 shots before he hit the target. I could have done that in my sleep.

In all seriousness that was pretty impressive. I read somewhere that at a certain distance you dont just figure wind and distance but the curve the earth takes (cause its round and all)

I think its more the rotation of the earth than the curvature, That bullet is in flight for seven seconds which does not sound like a long time till you count it out. In 7 seconds the target will move slightly while the round is in flight. Its a pretty amazing feat and I think it would be pretty hard to even fathom everything involved in hitting that target. The drop has to be insane. I would not be surprised that the apex of the trajectory was 50 feet or more above the line between the rifle and the target.

@IronMonster not quite the same as 1" at 100 - there are a few more environmental factors.
BUT
I like your points.
If you are not good at 25m you can't be good at 100.
The same fundamentals which work at 25 will work at 3200.

West Texas has a lot of wind. And the ranch is famous for teaching long distance shooting.

They have been featured on Shooting USA, for example.

Agreed, I did not mean to imply that it was as easy as shooting a 1 inch target at 100 yards. More or less just both are one minute of angle targets.

Last Edited:
And I by no means mean to imply I have any clue what's involved in making that shot. It's so far beyond my skill level that it would be like me giving basketball tips to Michael Jordan or driving advice to Richard Petty.

image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top