JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I hand loaded I would try 357 Sig. And if I had an institutional budget paying for ammo I'd shoot it all day long. But relying on factory ammo and caring about cost I prefer 40.

22 ammo outsells all of them. That doesnt mean its a better round. Better balistics mean differentvthings to differentvpeople. You can get full power 10mm energy out of the 357 SIG. A 124 grain hollow point travelling 1500 FPS is going to make it through clothing, couches, walls etc. No factory 40 S&W loads and certainly no 9mm loads come close

22 rimfire is a better round for what it is designed for.

Underwood, Buffalo Bore, Double Tap come close. As I said, the difference in ballistics is not great. The important thing to look at is how the projectile performs when it hits the target, not what it does when it leaves the barrel. Projectile design has as much to do with that as the velocity numbers.

I'm waiting for the guy who handloads these to 2kfps to chime in and tell us how it's better than a 44mag :rolleyes:. We know you're out there, trying to put out your pants!

It's a fun round and I carry a G33 from time to time. You wouldn't think a little extra velocity would matter but when I shoot steel I can hear the difference.

You should probably buy at least one 1911... although I'd probably buy a p220 over a 1911 given the choice.

BTDT - grew up with a 1911. Had an AMT Hardballer (before they learned how to make SS 1911s that wouldn't jam). Had one in the USCG (for short periods - back then they only issued them if we were going on a drug interdiction mission or for training/qualification).

I don't care for the ergos and I really like my classic SIG P series pistols (224, 226, 227 and 229) - much prefer DA/SA and decocker over other pistols.

I swear, the heretic is the only guy I've heard of who owns a 224. Never seen one in the wild and wanted to buy for years. Maybe the model #had to do with the total made??? One in 357 would be real fun to compare with my g33

I swear, the heretic is the only guy I've heard of who owns a 224. Never seen one in the wild and wanted to buy for years. Maybe the model #had to do with the total made??? One in 357 would be real fun to compare with my g33

It is a SAS model too.

If you are in the PDX area (I live near Newberg) I would allow you to try it out. It is in .40 S&W though and I don't yet have a 9mm barrel for it (not sure whether I want a threaded barrel or not). I suggest you try one before you buy. Not sure about it as the grips are too short for my hands, and it is thick - I really wanted one thinking it would be good for CC, and I won't sell it, but I am not sure about it - maybe I will change my mind if I ever get/make a sleeve for a 229 mag to fit in it.

My Mk-25 is probably my favorite SIG, maybe my 227 Tacops after that, then any of my 229s. I have a 2022 with an additional 2340 slide, but I don't care for the feel of it, although it is still better than a striker fired gun (although I had not tried a SIG striker fired handgun yet).

So, I was in Oregon Rifleworks tonight (paying for something I forgot to pay for), and I noticed that they had about 500 rounds of .357 SIG (now 50 rounds less) most of which is FMJ, while they had about 3500-4000 rounds of .40 S&W.

You decide which is more popular. :rolleyes:

Understanding Body Armor Ratings
Level IIA, II, IIIA, III, IV

Level II
(9 mm; .357 Magnum):
Protects against 9 mm FMJ RN bullets and with .357 Magnum Jacketed Soft Point (JSP) bullets.
Level II is soft body armor stopping common handgun rounds. It is still light and concealable, but with greater protection than Level IIA.
Level IIIA (.357 SIG; .44 Magnum):
Protects against .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets and with .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets. These are common handgun rounds.

That's all I got to say about .357 Sig

Level II (9 mm; .357 Magnum):
Protects against 9 mm FMJ RN bullets and with .357 Magnum Jacketed Soft Point (JSP) bullets.
Level II is soft body armor stopping common handgun rounds. It is still light and concealable, but with greater protection than Level IIA.
Level IIIA (.357 SIG; .44 Magnum):
Protects against .357 SIG FMJ Flat Nose (FN) bullets and with .44 Magnum Semi Jacketed Hollow Point (SJHP) bullets. These are common handgun rounds.

That's all I got to say about .357 Sig
Note the bullet construction.