Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

357 sig anyone?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by never4get, Dec 4, 2012.

1. never4get

never4get federal way Member

I'm sure someone has a veiw on this caliber! I have a Glock 23 and a Glock22 that I have bought Lonewolf conversion barrels for.. Haven't got to shoot the 22 yet, but the 23 seems to like it. I was thinking that the 357sig. would make a good "Trail Gun" (But then again, what gun doesn't make a good trail gun?:D) I hear the 357sig is close to the 357mag. 125gr. as far as power level, and thats a "killer" load. Of course, this is not for bear.. I think for other 2 and 4 legged critters, this just might fit the bill! so if you have any thoughts, I'd like to hear your stories! Thanks in advance, this is by far one of the best sites I have found in a long time:thumbup:

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

It is a solution looking for a problem.

3. eddieb

eddieb Tigard, OR Member

That can be said about all calibers. The .357sig is a very good round. Shoots flat and loads well. It was developed to match .357 magnum ballistics in a semi auto. It does that, for the most part. Is it exactly like the .357 magnum? No. But pretty darn close.

4. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Actually, it is a solution to a lot of problems. The bottle necked design solves feeding issues present in many smaller guns and the increased power and velocity give the 9mm size bullet much better hard barrier penetration and soft tissue expansion.

Webfeet and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

But an elegant solution!

6. unionguy

unionguy Portland Active Member

I shoot best with .357SIG and like it's penetration capabilities.

7. Solomon

Solomon Vancouver Active Member

I have a Glock 31/32/33. It's definitely my favorite round for carry, and Underwood has 125gr Gold Dots pushing 1500fps out of a 4" barrel. Eat your heart out 357 magnum.

Keep in mind I'm also a huge 10mm fan, so I'm probably a little delusional.

8. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

I love the round, but sold it off because I couldn't afford to feed it.

9. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I had a Glock 33 with internal laser, sold it.
    Have had a KelTec P-40 with the optional .357 SIG barrel. Nice gun but you better hold on to it!
    I like the round but carry a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, naturally in .45.

10. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

It costs almost three times what 9mm costs. I definitely do not get to shoot it for fun. Some occasional practice to stay familiar and that is it.

11. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

Easy to reload: bullets are cheap and fun to shoot. You gota see what hp's do to water jugs, etc. Glock 33 w/grip laser, XD 4in, and a Sig P229. Talk about variety!

12. boxer13

boxer13 PNW Active Member

Would love to get one but considering it is so damn expensive to feed there is no way I'm getting one same reason I haven't got a 10mm yet either.

13. Rich7944

Rich7944 Kent, Wa. Active Member

Awsome round round but again the cost of the .357 Sig diet is what has stopped me but then again if they come out with one in the XDS platform I might be a player on that.