JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a COONAN 357 mag auto, i have been looking for years, and KEITH has been looking for one sine 05. why did this gun stop being produced. 357 magnum auto thats a dream come true

The magazines are expensive as well. There was a rumor that Dan Coonan was going to start producing them again but so far his website is "under construction" as they say. I think the rarity is driving the prices and those that have them tend to keep them for their uniqueness of being the only .357 magnum automatic other than the Desert Eagle. They are quite a joy to shoot with very little recoil and a dramatic muzzle flash. I also have the .38 Special conversion magazine. It is just a spacer in the magazine and a less powerful recoil spring but it does work. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer any about this unique pistol.

The grip is tall but since it is a single stack and with the short trigger the grip is actually quite comfortable and I have small hands I guess although a Beretta is just fine for me but a Para Ordnance is too wide. Because it is so tall it looks big for my hands and there is a nice gap between my pinky finger and the bottom of the grip. Being made of all steel it is heavy compared to alloy or plastic frames. It gives a nice solid feel when shooting. It is a bit big for concealed carry but it would make a good field pistol or home defense gun if you wanted the power of the .357 magnum.

I think that the .357 sig round or the 9x23 winchester compare with the .357 magnum in an autopistol and maybe why the Coonan is having a hard time finding a niche. Given the quality of construction I can't see this pistol being sold for less than $800 retail if it were put back in production. It would definitely be a high end niche weapon like some of the more spendy 1911's.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top