JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Glock 31, 32, and 33. .357 sig gets close enough to magnum velocities while operating in a semi-auto. Hell of a round to shoot....own a 4" XD and a M&P compact. The compact is almost painful to shoot much.

If are looking for a Glock as an alternative, then the Coonan is probably not for you. Plastic, striker fired pistol vs. all-steel SA 1911 variant.

You could go the .357 Sig route with Glock, or go G20/G29 with 10mm. You'd get a round designed for auto pistols, with energy levels on par with .357 mag.

If you really want the Coonan, order it from a local dealer and wait the 10-12 month listed lead time. Patience is bliss with special-order guns.

Since I have 2 gp100's and a Marlin .357, I would like to keep it .357 and semi auto. Owned a Glock 20, 29 and a 23 and they always go bang. Glocks aren't my favorite but they do serve a purpose. Can't understand why someone has not tapped in to the market for a .357 auto. I think Glock could do it.

I had a Coonan. It was a great gun. Very fun to shoot with a lot of fireballs but moderate recoil. Less recoil than .45 ACP due to the Coonan being heavier than a Colt. Definitely a high end gun. Save up, you won't be disappointed once you get it.

A hot loaded 9mm is pretty much a .357sig without the hassles.

Perhaps they are similar in some loadings, but I fail to see how 9mm can match .357 Sig in equal loadings with less case capacity and lower rated pressure (38.5 ksi for +p 9mm vs. 40 ksi.for the Sig). +P+ is not an official rating, and Sig can be overloaded too if you accept the chance of grenading.

Not sharing diameters, .357 Mag and 10mm can be judged on equal bullet weight velocities or total energy. I'm not a big fan of comparing pet nuclear loads, but here are some hot Buffalo Bore loads available commercially.

Heavy 357 Magnum Ammo - 180 gr. Hard Cast LFN-GC (1,400fps/M.E. 783 ft. lbs.) - 20 Round Box

Heavy 10mm Ammo - 180 gr. Jacketed Hollow Point - J.H.P. (1,350fps/M.E. 728 ft. lbs.) - 20 Round Box

Heavy .41 Magnum Ammo - 170 gr. J.H.P. (1,650 fps/M.E. 1,028 ft. lbs.) - 20 Round Box

In most loadings, 10mm compares more equally with .357. Mag than .41 Mag. We can agree to disagree.

Salps, quit whining and just go buy a Coonan. You know you want one...

Besides, if Glock made a 357 Mag handgun, you would never be able to wrap your mits around it. Tried a 45 ACP Glock? Now add length to the grip frame...

Since I have 2 gp100's and a Marlin .357, I would like to keep it .357 and semi auto. Owned a Glock 20, 29 and a 23 and they always go bang. Glocks aren't my favorite but they do serve a purpose. Can't understand why someone has not tapped in to the market for a .357 auto. I think Glock could do it.
There were, they died a lonely death. Magnum Research makes the 357 Desert Eagle.
Rimmed cartridges don't feed well in autos

Rimmed cartridges don't feed well in autos
Tell that to the millions of 22LR auto pistols!
True, it's harder to get a rimmed cartridge to feed in an auto pistol, but it can be done. The Coonan is a perfect example.
Now, to the acceptance in the marketplace for a 357 auto, yeah, there isn't much demand. I'd say there's barely enough to keep Magnum Research from dropping the 357. Coonan? Well, that's all they do and they don't do a lot of them.

Tell that to the millions of 22LR auto pistols!
True, it's harder to get a rimmed cartridge to feed in an auto pistol, but it can be done. The Coonan is a perfect example.
Now, to the acceptance in the marketplace for a 357 auto, yeah, there isn't much demand. I'd say there's barely enough to keep Magnum Research from dropping the 357. Coonan? Well, that's all they do and they don't do a lot of them.
Hey 22 Autopistols! Fergot them,

Dain Bramage, cherry pick much? lol.
Get a real pistol, aka a CZ etc. and +P+ 9mm are not a problem.. especially the two that you might send into a bad guy once in a lifetime. lol