JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even when choosing small rifle primers some rifles with floating firing pins can be dangerous with the wrong primers. :)'s
With some primers considered "soft" maybe, with "high" primers not seated correctly certainly. And that works for large primers also. I've never heard of the issue being a problem outside of military semi-automatic rifles. But what does rifles have to do with the original subject of re-loading .357?

standard small pistol primers is what i use for 357 mag
I myself have never had the need to use magnum primers in either .357 or .44 magnum and they always work, are plenty accurate, and burn clean with most charges. The only magnum primers I've ever had or used were gifts from friends and I'm still trying to use those up. The large magnum pistol primers I use for .44 magnum rifle loads.

When following the powder manufacturers recipes for .357 Magnum and 44 Magnum in most cases magnum primers are specified for W296 and H110.
The brisance or "spark" is longer to more efficiently ignite magnum powders along with thicker cup material.
I recall seeing photos showing the difference in one of the reloading manuals.

Smiles,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads