Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

$3500 tech 9?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by 22many, Sep 19, 2011.

1. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

2. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

seller is in Cali so go figure

3. duckyherman

duckyherman Spokane, WA Active Member

4. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Maybe it's registered in Cali, so you can legally own it down there? (as if you'd want one)

One of my favorite shooting memories: met with a bunch of people from a local BBS to go shooting. This one gal shows up all dressed in black, leather trench coat, sun glasses - the works. She pulls out this Tec-9 and starts blasting away. This is well before the "Matrix" movies, so she was really breaking new ground here. The Tec-9 she had couldn't fire more than 2-3 rounds without jamming - completely unreliable.

Never saw her again; she later made accusations on another BBS that we were all Federal agents or something. Good times...

5. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

registered in cali or not, it is not worth 3500 let alone 350. I got one for a gift one year, it was gone inside of 2 months, and I didn't know their rep back then.

6. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

I've rarely, if ever, had a jam. Accurate and reliable. The charging handle broke once, but was $40 online. I know it isn't a great firearm but I've always enjoyed shooting it, especially at pistol-only indoor ranges. Especially with the extended barrel attached. Thought about selling/trading it for $400, but why? It works. For that money I guess a Keltec sub 2000 makes more sense, but it doesn't 'entertain' as much. Comments galore.

7. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I bought mine for $325.00 with 1 mag, in the original box and the original manual AND the original sales receipt from a gun shop in northern Cali. The original price in 1989 was $189.00. The person that is selling one for $3,500.00 is high on crack!

8. 22many

Yeah that another thing I noticed. Doesn't California have a 10rd max magazine law?

9. Walton

Walton United States New Member

10. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I do alot of biz on Calguns.net and have learned that Cali's law on 10rd mags is for over the counter sales of new mags. They wheel and deal with what is called "rebuild kits" for high cap mags. Apearently you can disassemble your new mag and rebuild it with a longer spring and remove the pin. When they buy and sell high cap mags FTF, the mags are always disassembled. You can get rebuild kits for just about any high cap mag.

11. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

Autographed by Tupac?

12. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

35 seconds on google finding the actual law shows that you're incorrect;

titsonritz and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Even if it was registered as an "assault weapon" in CA you couldn't transfer it to another party there. If, for example, you had an AR15 that you registered with CA as an assault rifle you couldn't transfer it to anyone in the state, including passing it down through the family. The registration period is long closed as is the .50 registration period. Essentially if it was registered as an "assault weapon" with the state and you were not the person who registered it the state would frown (as in felony frown) on your illegal possession of an assault weapon.

Remember - no one said it makes any sense - at least not common sense.

14. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

And proves that California has gone to **** in a handbag.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  15. orygun

I kinda miss the "bubblegum" now....:cool:

16. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Well kinda close. You can buy rebuild kits but only to be used to REBUILD MAGAZINES YOU LEGALLY OWNED BEFORE THE BAN. Now why does this work? Most mags aren't dated and therefore kinda hard to prove if your D&H AR15 mag was made in 95 or 05.

17. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Well the rebuild kits are in a grey area, which is why some "ban" states allow them. For most mags, its hard to prove when it was manufactured, but you have to remember that in our modern legal system it seems to be more of "guilty until proven innocent". Which means that most likely if caught with a high cap mag in Cali, you will find yourself having to prove its legality rather than the other way around.

18. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

The reading I've done (sling parts and have sold lots to CA). The way CA law was written it's a little easier as they have to prove. Initially after ban I think it was rough going, but now things have come to their own and enough people have "Hicap" mags in use it's kinda become a nonissue other than sending in cases of new mags to CA.

19. 22many

California is not the only place we need to reclaim. I can think of alot of other American cities also.

20. orygun

Portland would be a good place to start....