JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe it's registered in Cali, so you can legally own it down there? (as if you'd want one)

One of my favorite shooting memories: met with a bunch of people from a local BBS to go shooting. This one gal shows up all dressed in black, leather trench coat, sun glasses - the works. She pulls out this Tec-9 and starts blasting away. This is well before the "Matrix" movies, so she was really breaking new ground here. The Tec-9 she had couldn't fire more than 2-3 rounds without jamming - completely unreliable.

Never saw her again; she later made accusations on another BBS that we were all Federal agents or something. Good times...

I've rarely, if ever, had a jam. Accurate and reliable. The charging handle broke once, but was $40 online. I know it isn't a great firearm but I've always enjoyed shooting it, especially at pistol-only indoor ranges. Especially with the extended barrel attached. Thought about selling/trading it for $400, but why? It works. For that money I guess a Keltec sub 2000 makes more sense, but it doesn't 'entertain' as much. Comments galore.

I bought mine for $325.00 with 1 mag, in the original box and the original manual AND the original sales receipt from a gun shop in northern Cali. The original price in 1989 was $189.00. The person that is selling one for $3,500.00 is high on crack!

Yeah that another thing I noticed. Doesn't California have a 10rd max magazine law?

I do alot of biz on Calguns.net and have learned that Cali's law on 10rd mags is for over the counter sales of new mags. They wheel and deal with what is called "rebuild kits" for high cap mags. Apearently you can disassemble your new mag and rebuild it with a longer spring and remove the pin. When they buy and sell high cap mags FTF, the mags are always disassembled. You can get rebuild kits for just about any high cap mag.

I do alot of biz on Calguns.net and have learned that Cali's law on 10rd mags is for over the counter sales of new mags. They wheel and deal with what is called "rebuild kits" for high cap mags. Apearently you can disassemble your new mag and rebuild it with a longer spring and remove the pin. When they buy and sell high cap mags FTF, the mags are always disassembled. You can get rebuild kits for just about any high cap mag.

35 seconds on google finding the actual law shows that you're incorrect;

ARTICLE 2. UNLAWFUL CARRYING AND POSSESSION OF WEAPONS

12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:
.(2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine.

Maybe it's registered in Cali, so you can legally own it down there? (as if you'd want one)

One of my favorite shooting memories: met with a bunch of people from a local BBS to go shooting. This one gal shows up all dressed in black, leather trench coat, sun glasses - the works. She pulls out this Tec-9 and starts blasting away. This is well before the "Matrix" movies, so she was really breaking new ground here. The Tec-9 she had couldn't fire more than 2-3 rounds without jamming - completely unreliable.

Never saw her again; she later made accusations on another BBS that we were all Federal agents or something. Good times...

Even if it was registered as an "assault weapon" in CA you couldn't transfer it to another party there. If, for example, you had an AR15 that you registered with CA as an assault rifle you couldn't transfer it to anyone in the state, including passing it down through the family. The registration period is long closed as is the .50 registration period. Essentially if it was registered as an "assault weapon" with the state and you were not the person who registered it the state would frown (as in felony frown) on your illegal possession of an assault weapon.

Remember - no one said it makes any sense - at least not common sense.

35 seconds on google finding the actual law shows that you're incorrect;

Well kinda close. You can buy rebuild kits but only to be used to REBUILD MAGAZINES YOU LEGALLY OWNED BEFORE THE BAN. Now why does this work? Most mags aren't dated and therefore kinda hard to prove if your D&H AR15 mag was made in 95 or 05.

Well kinda close. You can buy rebuild kits but only to be used to REBUILD MAGAZINES YOU LEGALLY OWNED BEFORE THE BAN. Now why does this work? Most mags aren't dated and therefore kinda hard to prove if your D&H AR15 mag was made in 95 or 05.

Well the rebuild kits are in a grey area, which is why some "ban" states allow them. For most mags, its hard to prove when it was manufactured, but you have to remember that in our modern legal system it seems to be more of "guilty until proven innocent". Which means that most likely if caught with a high cap mag in Cali, you will find yourself having to prove its legality rather than the other way around.

Well the rebuild kits are in a grey area, which is why some "ban" states allow them. For most mags, its hard to prove when it was manufactured, but you have to remember that in our modern legal system it seems to be more of "guilty until proven innocent". Which means that most likely if caught with a high cap mag in Cali, you will find yourself having to prove its legality rather than the other way around.

The reading I've done (sling parts and have sold lots to CA). The way CA law was written it's a little easier as they have to prove. Initially after ban I think it was rough going, but now things have come to their own and enough people have "Hicap" mags in use it's kinda become a nonissue other than sending in cases of new mags to CA.

And that sickens me, it is such a beautiful place, but it has been completely destroyed by the sheeple and politicians. We should be invading it to reclaim that great land instead of dicking around in the Middle East

California is not the only place we need to reclaim. I can think of alot of other American cities also.

And that sickens me, it is such a beautiful place, but it has been completely destroyed by the sheeple and politicians. We should be invading it to reclaim that great land instead of dicking around in the Middle East

California is not the only place we need to reclaim. I can think of alot of other American cities also.

Portland would be a good place to start....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top