JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw on another forum a 1915 Springfield Model 1911 for sale for a mere $3500 and thought to myself - that must be a misprint right? Surely a well used Springfield Model 1911 can't be a $3500 pistol can it? I mean if Patton himself had carried it the asking price seems way out of line.

I'd have a hard time selling mine for less than 3500;

DSC08161.jpg

DSC08162.jpg

DSC08159.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First, the Springfield Armory of WW I and WW II is not the same as the Springfield Armory of today. Back during the war years, it was run by the Gov., then shut down after WW II.

Some marketing genius picked up the name after it had been floating around, and thus started Springfield Armory the gun company.

The original Springfield Armory pistols were made during WW I only, thus are model 1911, not A1. The total production was only 25,767 pistols...so they are getting very hard to find in any collectible condition.

Wasn't that Springfield ARSENAL?

I saw on another forum a 1915 Springfield Model 1911 for sale for a mere $3500 and thought to myself - that must be a misprint right? Surely a well used Springfield Model 1911 can't be a $3500 pistol can it? I mean if Patton himself had carried it the asking price seems way out of line.

I don't see a difference between this and a classic Colt. So yes it would be worth upto that much. You must not know much about collectibles and antiques. I am not trying to belittle you, just my .0002

I don't see a difference between this and a classic Colt. So yes it would be worth upto that much. You must not know much about collectibles and antiques. I am not trying to belittle you, just my .0002

It's clear I don't know much about these pistols and that is why all my sentences ended with question marks.

I did not mean to come off wrong, I did not mean to offend you or imply anything of intelligence. I am not a tack full person, just kinda say what I am thinking.

And I didn't take your post to be derogatory or insulting at all. I really don't know anything about these older 1911's and posted what was later determined as being opinionated questions (by some).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top