JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw on another forum a 1915 Springfield Model 1911 for sale for a mere $3500 and thought to myself - that must be a misprint right? Surely a well used Springfield Model 1911 can't be a $3500 pistol can it? I mean if Patton himself had carried it the asking price seems way out of line.

First, the Springfield Armory of WW I and WW II is not the same as the Springfield Armory of today. Back during the war years, it was run by the Gov., then shut down after WW II.

Some marketing genius picked up the name after it had been floating around, and thus started Springfield Armory the gun company.

The original Springfield Armory pistols were made during WW I only, thus are model 1911, not A1. The total production was only 25,767 pistols...so they are getting very hard to find in any collectible condition.

If it is his pistol he can ask whatever he wants for it. It you want to buy it, fine. If not, move along.

Another reasons might be: Herself says I need to sell off a few of the guns around the house. I say to herself "sure, I'll put an ad out there on the interwebnet thingie." Says I to myself "no one will EVER buy it at this price" and put a horrendous price tag on it. Now herself is happy (sees ad on computer) and I'm happy knowing it'll always be my toy....

Not that I've ever done that, but I know this guy who had a friend who knew someone who did that.

Last Edited:
I don't care if Jesus Christ himself used that 1911 to fight off the dinosaurs and evil samurai, it isn't worth $3500.
At least it isn't worth that TO YOU, but you aren't everyone and someone, somewhere just might be looking for that exact gun and think it is worth that.

You ever watch Antiques Roadshow? Some of the values they put on those things is astonishing. $3500 for a 1915 Springfield Model 1911 would probably be a bargain on that show.

I mean really; we're in a recession and this guy wants someone to part with $3500 for a freakin' 1911?

As others have noted, it's his gun and he can ask whatever he wants. If you don't like it, move along.

A 1911 made in 1915 in the right original condition is certainly worth what he is asking for it anyway. Just not to you. Get over it.

Your login name is annoying. Are you going to do anything about that? :)

Ahhh how nice.... Do some research :) Wichaka knows his stuff and pretty well hit it on the head. A restored model sold on GA for $2K, I've seen original go for $5K pretty quick.

But what can ya do- same people would rather have junk Mimber's.

As others have noted, it's his gun and he can ask whatever he wants. If you don't like it, move along.

A 1911 made in 1915 in the right original condition is certainly worth what he is asking for it anyway. Just not to you. Get over it.

Your login name is annoying. Are you going to do anything about that? :)

I was inquiring about the price, not stating what I thought it was worth. Did you see me put a price on it? You did see my sentences ended with question marks - like this one? As for the login name, I've had that moniker for too many years to give it up now so you're the one who needs to get over it methinks.

I was inquiring about the price, not stating what I thought it was worth. Did you see me put a price on it? You did see my sentences ended with question marks - like this one? As for the login name, I've had that moniker for too many years to give it up now so you're the one who needs to get over it methinks.

Read your post, then try to defend it. Your stance/opinion was pretty clear. Look at the 2 colts that both sold recently for $60K+ each, or look for a Singer or...

Read your post, then try to defend it. Your stance/opinion was pretty clear. Look at the 2 colts that both sold recently for $60K+ each, or look for a Singer or...

'$3500 for a 1911 Springfield? Seriously?' - this is a two questions.

'Surely a well used Springfield Model 1911 can't be a $3500 pistol can it?' - this is also a question.

'I mean really; we're in a recession and this guy wants someone to part with $3500 for a freakin' 1911?' - and another question.

Nothing to defend here pal.

'$3500 for a 1911 Springfield? Seriously?' - this is a two questions.

'Surely a well used Springfield Model 1911 can't be a $3500 pistol can it?' - this is also a question.

'I mean really; we're in a recession and this guy wants someone to part with $3500 for a freakin' 1911?' - and another question.

Nothing to defend here pal.

Nope you have nothing to defend but it seems you are ignorant of the differences between the private company called Springfield Armory and the Federal Springfield Armory. Some collect beanie babies, some collect Transformers, and some collect old 1911's. The price is not out of line and may actually be low because of the economy.

Now are you just upset that Glock will never attain such a status in the world of firearm collecting?:s0114:;):s0155:

Just a question would be- hey I saw a 1915 Springfield, is this a proper value?

Now read your post and tell me it was"just a question" and not your ill informed opinion phrased with question marks? I mean seriously you can't be that ignorant can you? (Hey it's JUST a question, see the question marks. :) )

Ahhh how nice.... Do some research :) Wichaka knows his stuff and pretty well hit it on the head. A restored model sold on GA for $2K, I've seen original go for $5K pretty quick.

But what can ya do- same people would rather have junk Mimber's.

What's a 'Mimber'? Inform me - please.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads