JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Flopsweat,

Odd. I made that post yesterday and am just now coming back, as I was alerted to your (and the others) reply.
I can see the video here, no problem.
Weird.
Sounds like something got jammed up in the pipeline on your end.
Thanks for posting the link anyway, I'll have to remember to do that in future posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Medic!,

If I had a .375, I wouldn't feel the need for the .35. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sgt. Nambu,

That's a great story!
Does that Model 8 still reside within your family?
...better question, got pics or a video of it? =D

Dean

Ah, it looks like it's my browser settings. I can see it if I use a different browser. I forgot that I had tweaked a few settings to stop videos from auto-starting on a different site.

Flopsweat,

Odd. I made that post yesterday and am just now coming back, as I was alerted to your (and the others) reply.
I can see the video here, no problem.
Weird.
Sounds like something got jammed up in the pipeline on your end.
Thanks for posting the link anyway, I'll have to remember to do that in future posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Medic!,

If I had a .375, I wouldn't feel the need for the .35. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sgt. Nambu,

That's a great story!
Does that Model 8 still reside within your family?
...better question, got pics or a video of it? =D

Dean

Sorry Dean, the rifle went with my uncle and on to the other side of the family. No idea where it is, I just remember that it was the coolest gun ever when I was little!:D

<broken link removed>

Weird. I've always heard that CL was anti-gun everything.
I suppose that just applies to the guns themselves....or maybe its just my local CL.
I don't know, $25?
Box looks like its seen better days.
Wonder if its a full box?
Google says a box generally sells between $28 -$35...still, those are brand new full boxes of ammo.

Dean

Last Edited:
<broken link removed>

Weird. I've always heard that CL was anti-gun everything.
I suppose that just applies to the guns themselves....or maybe its just my local CL.
I don't know, $25?
Box looks like its seen better days.
Wonder if its a full box?
Google says a box generally sells between $28 -$35...still, those are brand new full boxes of ammo.

Dean

They are listed as hunting accessorys!;)

Ad is titled "35 Remington hunting accessories", but its listed under "Sporting Goods".
Yeah, pretty slick.
Wonder if I'd get Das Boot if I listed my 94 Winchester as a "hunting accessory". :p:D:s0140:

Dean

Nice article on the .35 Remington in the latest issue of Shooting Times magazine. It is written by Lane Peirce (I think) who finishes the article on a rather weird note, something to the effect that the .35 is not suitable for western hunting due to the size of the animals and the ranges.

Thanks for the heads up, Jerry.
Yeah, the factory rounds are definitely not for long shots across flat country (like eastern Washington and Oregon), but if you did a little handloading....who knows?
I'll check into that article.

Dean

I just got back from Bi-Mart (Troutdale/Gresham?), I always swing by the ammo section whenever I'm there to see if there is any .35 Rem or .22lr. There were two boxes of .35 and they were on sale. I mentioned to the guy who helped me that its rare to find it this time of year, let alone find it on sale, and he replied it was a clearance sale because they are not carrying it anymore -- I got his last two boxes.

It's a shame because I've moved around Oregon a bit, but no matter where I lived there was always a Bi-Mart in the area, so I dialed my scoped Marlin 336 in using Hornady LeveRevolution .35 Rem. because that's what Bi-Mart carried, and it seemed that every fall they had plenty of it and I could get a few boxes. Not a big deal, I'll find another source or another round.

He may or may not have known, but I wish I'd asked why they stopped carrying it. I can't imagine it doesn't sell well, since I know from having kept an eye on it that it sells out every year.

Nice article on the .35 Remington in the latest issue of Shooting Times magazine. It is written by Lane Peirce (I think) who finishes the article on a rather weird note, something to the effect that the .35 is not suitable for western hunting due to the size of the animals and the ranges.

Sounds like the guy has never hunted in a rain forest.

Hmm. "size of animals":
Since the number of "western" hunters that will ever chase Shiras Moose is in the extreme minority, lets eliminate them for argument's sake.

Next "size of animal" is an elk. Regardless of the throngs of braggarts running around exclaiming about 600yd cross-canyon shots with their .338's, actual reported statistics from surveys indicate the hugely vast majority of elk are shot at ranges much closer to the distance of your neighbor's house across the street.

Joe Braggart's .338 Winchester (200gr bullet) at 500 yards is a ballistic duplicate of a .35 Remington's (200gr bullet) at 100 yards. Both guns at their respective ranges are certainly capable of killing a full-grown elk.

The guy in carharts, flannel shirt and crusher hat with his .35 Remington who mentions softly his huge bull he dropped last year requires much less "suspension of disbelief" than most nimrods in the habit of launching (or regularly talking of launching) bullets at a fine game animal at 500-600 yards.

Interestingly enough, the .35 Remington guys without exception shoot better groups at my 100 yard range than any .338 guy who ever tried.

Been gettin' back in the mood for this round.
Most likely in a Marlin 336.
Always wanted one. Would be willing to trade off the Model 94 for one of these.
Check this video. Impressive!

Great video about the 500 mossberg and 870 remington. Now I can purchase the right one. I had to pick the mossberg because of the ejector system and ease access safety. Thanks for the insight.

I have a 1952 Model 336R.C. that was given to me by my Dad. It is in pristine condition and it is a phenomenal shooter and just an all around cool gun. I would never sell it. BTW he paid $75 for it when I was 8. I do love it for deer!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top