JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey RV
I'm going to get back into black and white, I got a bunch of lens and a couple cameras, a developer and supplies, just need to make a dark room. Some of the lens are still valuable but most of the SLR cameras are inexpensive now unless they are large format.I know some of the lens are usable on DSLR cameras but don't have the auto focus they must be used manually.
Cycle

Photo.net has all you answers. I moderate a Canon FD manual focus forum there. bunch of hard core users and a few newbies. Photo.net has well over 800K members so you can find someone to talk to about anything photography your into from plastic dime store cameras to Wet Plates.

rvtech, I'm still shooting film with both a Leica and a Hasselblad (medium format). The Hasselblads have become especially cheap since the pros have switched to the newer, digital Hasselblads (read: $30K+).

Check out KEH Buy & Sell New & Used Cameras for used gear. I find that the prices on eBay may be a tad high, but there are reasonable deals if you keep an eye on it.

Reply here or PM if any questions on cameras or the latest in film.

Peter

I shoot with a Minolta X-370. Its pretty basic, but takes damn fine pictures an works great!
Of course I have a dozen or so rolls I need to turn into pictures.
I like the digital (sony cyber shot 15 mpx) for shooting for the fun of it and lots of shots, and the 35 for pictures I am gonna take my time on and be proud of.

Very few people expend much time or effort anymore as most of us can render "acceptable" results with a $200 digicam and a $75 inkjet printer. But some still use quality gear to create beautiful slides and custom prints the old fashioned way. It's an art, transcending a mere hobby. Even a lifestyle. And I admire that.

Since I bought my wife a DSLR a couple of years ago, I don't do much 35mm photography, but I still have my old Mamia/Secor and a Nikon N65 and use them on occasion. I was at a gun show last summer and a guy had a Cannon 35mm with probably six lenses and I think he was asking $350. The selling value of most of the 35mm stuff dropped way off as the DSLRs got common, so if you're interested in 35mm you should be able to get very good quality stuff cheap.
My dad still has the darkroom equipment he bought in the late 50's-early 60's. I used it when I was in high school. I've given thought playing with it again, but just haven't devoted the time to it....yet!

rvtech, I'm still shooting film with both a Leica and a Hasselblad (medium format). The Hasselblads have become especially cheap since the pros have switched to the newer, digital Hasselblads (read: $30K+).

Check out KEH Buy & Sell New & Used Cameras for used gear. I find that the prices on eBay may be a tad high, but there are reasonable deals if you keep an eye on it.

Reply here or PM if any questions on cameras or the latest in film.

Peter

Wish I still had my Hasselblad, I wore it out long time ago. Loved it. Still have my Manaltas with about 15 lenses. Also have had Cannon's, Penntex and other high end 35's.
No more Kodachrome??? Now I'm upset. :(

What is this "film" that you refer to?

I thought it was that stuff that was all over my sensor before I took it to the shop for cleaning.

I used to shoot 35mm, and would do it more If I had the time. As it is now guns/reloading has recently replaced my obsession with photography (ie. hobby $ fund)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top