JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
never shot the 338 LM but I have shot its bigger, slightly meaner brother the 338-378 WM. Its like a laser out to 600ish yards and I was honestly surprised by the recoil, thought it would be much worse. The major downside is the 6$ a round if you buy factory cartridges.

I have shot it allot over the past year and a half! Took a bear last year and an elk. Its a bit of an investment to get into, but oh so worth it. Brass lasts and lasts, I have a batch I am testing and I have 17 reloads on them.

Overall performance is amazing. It's nice hitting the steel gong at 1500 meters!

Yep they are close, but oh so different. I played with the 338 RUM for a long time and liked it. But the Lapua wins overall. The 338 RUM, my main gripe was brass life. Only 5 or so reloads, and they were toast! Thats a huge hunk of brass to be recycling..

But there is the 338 Edge which is a 300 RUM necked up to a 338 and case life, oh nevermind thats a whole different thread...

Yeah, that's a sweet round but I hear you have to be careful if you plan on shooting on flatlands. I read this article about a Polish sniper who took a long shot, and the round is so strong it circled the globe and him square in the back of the head... that has GOT to be a world record!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top