Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

33 to 26 SB 941 has been passed and a sad day for Oregon

Discussion in 'Firearm Legislation & Activism' started by U201491, May 4, 2015.

1. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

33 to 26 and Oregon has just been screwed by Bloomberg. SB 941 has been passed and a sad day for this state.

novamind likes this.
  2. ARKLITE881South

ARKLITE881South USA Well-Known Member

Bill 941 has passed, 33 yes, to 27 No it is a very disgusting , shameful day in the history of oregon. And, WE, the people of oregon had no say. NO VOTE, a political DISGRACE to say the least, so much for ''we the people''

U201491, HHT, novamind and 1 other person like this.
  3. hker71

hker71 Portland Metro Area Active Member

The only "We" they think of are their fellow liberal Democrats trying to take over our country and rob us of our Rights and ability to defend ourselves against their tyranny.

U201491 and novamind like this.
  4. novamind

novamind Hillsboro Active Member

Now it is time to gather the signatures for the recalls and to place this on the Ballot.

5. TroutSlayer

TroutSlayer NE Portland, OR Member

Is there any way we get this to a public vote?

U201491 likes this.
  6. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Numbers altered by one or two but still passed. Someone changed their vote after the fact ????

7. jackrv

jackrv Wood Village, Oregon Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Yes, you did have a vote. The people of Oregon decided to put the dems in with a super majority along with a governor.

Election have consequences! :(

Dyjital and Caveman Jim like this.
  8. hrdted

hrdted Hood River New Member

Agreed!

9. corvus

corvus Portland, OR Member

It looks like it was 32-28 according to https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2015R1/Measures/Overview/SB941:

"Third reading. Carried by Williamson. Passed.Ayes, 32; Nays, 28--Barker, Barreto, Bentz, Buehler, Davis, Esquivel, Gilliam, Hack, Hayden, Heard, Huffman, Johnson, Kennemer, Krieger, McKeown, McLane, Nearman, Olson, Parrish, Post, Smith, Sprenger, Stark, Weidner, Whisnant, Whitsett, Wilson, Witt."

Three Dems voted against: Barker, McKeown, and Witt. I made a table of the results by party because I was curious:

sb941-house-votes-by-party.png

It'd be nice to contact the reps who voted correctly (nay) and thank them for their vote, especially those we've hammered with emails & calls for the last few weeks.

Caveman Jim and tiggers97 like this.
  10. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

Thank you to everyone here who stood up for this, some did a lot of work.

I don't think anyone was surprised after the last election results, always had(ve) hope

11. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

This is the second post you've made with the same message. Why are you trying to sabotage our moral?
    The rest of us, myself included, this is a new opportunity to get more people who are in for a rude awakening to get involved and DO SOMETHING. I'm going to be watching the house video tonight and making notes of all the lies told, and then making it my next hobby project to see if I cannot undo those lies before they get even more entrenched in the public. And I'm going to see what recall efforts I can support on the weekends. The next town hall? You bet I'm going to be there. Just because the voting is over doesn't mean you stop pressing them for the reasons why, and dissemble those reasons for the rest of the public to see.
    You say you felt the impact of the government effecting you like in a profound way, and then gave up?
    Complicity and inaction are not the path to victory.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  12. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

The message is similar in both of my posts, it's not a downer on moral just saying it stings a little less down the road a ways, I haven't given up I've given in to the law, that doesn't stop me from going to the rally's or supporting the amendment in its truest form at any possible turn. Maybe I should have said it differently. It'll all work out, for now it's 4473's and $20 bucks.[/

Caveman Jim likes this.